7. Trainwreck Dinner!

"I still don't understand why we have to have this stupid family dinner," Maddie huffed as she strolled into the kitchen to where she found her Mama preparing for said dinner tonight while her Mom went to town with the cleaning. "I don't get it. It's such a dumb idea,"

Maya took a break from scrubbing the kitchen counters and looked at her daughter, "Because it was your Grandma's idea so we just have to go along with it, alright?" she told her.

"Yeah, but why?" Maddie groaned, walking over to the couch and giving some fuss to Lizzie. "It's bad enough that you guys want to meet Aaron's parents but did we seriously have to have a whole dinner for it?"

"Bambina we just want to get to know Aaron's parents since they're going to be a part of all this too," Carina pointed out from where she stood in the kitchen.

"Wonderful," Maddie muttered quietly as she continued to fuss Lizzie behind her ears.

"This is something we're all going to have to get used to and as Mama said, it's going to be a good opportunity to get to know your boyfriend's folks too," Maya explained as she took another glance at her daughter before she continued to fix her focus on scrubbing the kitchen counters. "We want to support you on this so we're going to play nice and smile pretty, deal?"

Maddie inwardly groaned and threw her head back onto the couch. "Deal," she mumbled.

"Alright, good. Now go ahead and clean your bedroom," The older blonde motioned in the direction of the bedroom down the hall. "Last I checked, it was a complete pig sty in there and I don't want Aaron's parents' first impression to be that we let you run around and do whatever you please,"

"My bedroom is clean, Mom!" Maddie scoffed, looking over to where the older blonde was. "You know, I didn't realise that my bedroom was going to be the place where we ate dinner," she noted sarcastically.

Maya glared at her daughter and shook her head. "Listen smart-ass, can just do as you're told!" she told her firmly.

"Why are so stressed?" Maddie sassed as she crossed her arms and leaned back on the couch.

"Bambina, just do as your told, please," Carina pleaded with the teenager.

"Alright, sure, fine," Maddie mumbled as she stood up from the couch and started to head in the direction of her bedroom as she walked past Carina. "Mom's totally freaking out about this dinner, isn't she?" she asked.

"Madison!" Maya exclaimed.

Carina couldn't help but chuckle as she shook her head. "Bambina, please just go and tidy your bedroom as you've already been asked," she told her daughter.

The last thing that the Italian wanted today was to break up another argument between her wife and daughter with an already stressful dinner going ahead.

"Alright. Alright, I'm going!" Maddie threw her hands up in surrender as she laughed. "Calm down before you give yourself grey hair," she added.

"That girl," Maya muttered as she shook her head.

Carina looked over to her wife and frowned slightly, while Maya kept her focus on the kitchen counters, which she was sure were clean by now. "My love," The brunette started, moving her hand out to gently take her wife's in her own and ditch the cloth. "Maya, Bella, you've been scrubbing the counter for almost ten minutes. I think that it's clean now," she teased lightly.

"It's not clean enough yet," Maya denied, trying to reach back for the cloth. "It has to be spotless. Everything has to be spotless," she told her wife.

"Bella," Carina looked at her wife slightly concerned. "How about... Let's just take a breath, hey?" she suggested, moving her wife away from the counter.