6. Initial Shock

"Aaron... Say something, please?" Maddie quietly pleaded with her older boyfriend.

Either Aaron was too stunned to speak or he was getting ready to bolt from the park. Maddie was watching with a curious and worried expression as it seemed like the older boy was frozen in his seat.

"Please... Please say something," Maddie whispered as she watched her boyfriend turn even paler. "Say something. Anything," she pleaded.

There was a continued silence for another five minutes, or at least that's what the blonde teenager thought as she waited for her boyfriend to take in the news.

"What?" Aaron whispered in shock and looked at the blonde teen. "You're... You're pregnant?" he stuttered out.

Maddie looked up from the floor she was currently staring at, "Yes," she agreed as she bit her bottom lip.

Aaron continued to look shocked. "And it's... It's mine? Y-You're sure that it's mine?" he stuttered.

"Seriously?" Maddie scoffed as she shook her head at the older boy. "You think that I've slept with other people? I'm not a slut. I don't sleep around. It's yours, it's you idiot!"

"Alright. Alright. I just... I just wanted to make sure," Aaron held his hands up in mock surrender. "I-I didn't expect to find this out today," he added.

"You think that I'm thrilled about this either? You think I want to be pregnant at 14!" Maddie exclaimed as she began to get upset. "This isn't what I wanted!"

"Hey, hey, please don't cry," Aaron said as he moved to wrap his arm around his girlfriend. "I just thought that since it was your first time, I didn't think it would possible..."

"Anything is possible when you forget to wear a condom," Maddie snorted as she shook her head. "We were both too high and drunk to even realise,"

"Wow," Aaron mumbled still in shock.

"Look, you don't have to stick around or whatever," Maddie told him as she shoved her hands into her oversize jacket pocket. "I just wanted to... I just wanted to let you know and it... About the baby. I just thought that you deserved to know at least,"

Aaron nodded slowly and stared at the floor beneath him as Maddie watched him sceptically.

"W-What are you going to do?" The boy questioned.

"I... I don't know. I haven't decided anything yet," Maddie admitted as she looked at him worried.

"Okay... Do your parents know?" Aaron wondered.

"Yeah. They found out via the doctors. They kind of had to fill them in while I was unconscious in the hospital," The teenager explained. "You know when I got sort of depressed and tried to practically kill myself,"

"Maddie, come on," Aaron mumbled taken back by his girlfriends' warped sense of humour.

"I know. I know," Maddie couldn't help but smirk faintly at the boy. "So my moms' have taken it to a new extreme though, yep my Mom has taken my door off and she's totally freaking out about it,"

"So, uh, How... How far gone are you?" Aaron asked, rubbing his hands on his pants.

"Oh, I'm about 8 weeks now," Maddie told him with a nervous smile. "My mama's arranged for me to go and have a scan at the hospital in a couple of weeks so they can, uh, check the babys' okay and all that,"

"Oh," Aaron nodded in agreement, still stunned to say anything else.

"Look, I'm giving you this option to walk away from this if you want," The blonde teenager explained to the boy. "You don't have to support me. I have my family's support if you don't want to know then that's fine and all,"