snippets: friends to lovers

Quotes are from Pinterest. All are Human AU :) 
Topic: Idiots in Love. 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"How do you know if you have a crush on someone?"

Sophie paused from the book she was reading to meet his eyes. She wasn't as informed on this topic as she wanted to be. "You can't stop thinking about them, how you feel with them, how they make you feel. You feel strange after no being able to hug them without a kiss, you feel as though something is missing when around— why are you looking at me like that?" 

Keefe buried his head into his hands. "It's just so hard not to fall in love with you." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Sophie stood still, watching as her confession register in Keefe's head. He wouldn't move from his place on the couch, his arm hugging a pillow to his chest. Sophie sat beside him, not nearly as close as she would've liked, but there was something about his stare that told her not to come any closer. 

It was like this was all a nightmare to him, and he wanted to get up and have his best friend as a best friend. And that stung, it hit Sophie in the most sensitive part of her heart, the part which refused to grow up, and refused to stop hoping for true love like in her books. 

Tears threatened to spill, but before she could make her legs start working, Keefe grabbed her by the waist, and pulled her closer, and kissed her.  He pulled back, not to long after, and playfully frowned at her. 

"I've waited too long for that kiss, Foster." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"You're exhausted, Keefe." Sophie tugged at his arm. "Go to bed." 

He, halfheartedly rubbed his eyes. "No, I'm not, and besides, we have a chemistry test tomorrow anyway. I'd rather pass out tomorrow than today." 

"Not on my watch," She pulled him towards the bed with little to no affect. Sophie could basically see the sleep in his eyes. "I'll tuck you in, come on," 

Keefe's lips dipped down in a frown, and pulled his arm free of her nudging. "Fine," He got up and flopped onto the bed. "But only if you stay until I fall asleep." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Sophie turned at the sound of her phone ringing. Her eyes strayed to the contact, a moment of confusion lighting up her face as she answered. "Keefe? Shouldn't you in bed right now? How late is it there?" 

She saw him smile through the screen. "Four in the afternoon." 

"I can see how dark the sky in through your curtains," Sophie laughed when he lunged to close them. "Our timezones are way different, and you have school tomorrow. Go to bed!" 

A whiny groan, "But I want to stay up and talk to you." 

 ♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

Keefe's paintbrush streak across the canvas, showering it in color. Nodding in approval, he crossed his legs, his mind beginning the journey into the painting, to pour his whole soul into. Each stroke lit something inside of him, a rejoiced spirit. After several minutes of silent work, he pulled back to examine it as a whole. 

Instead, he caught Sophie's eyes which were staring at him across the room. Flattered, his cheeks flushed at the amount of sincerity visible. 

"Y-you're staring!" 

Sophie's lip split into a cheeky grin as she shrugged. "I like seeing you happy."  

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

A/N: Favorites?