sunrise

"Rise and shine to another beautiful day, Foster!" Keefe yelled, grabbing his wife's hand and dragging her up from bed. The moment he turned to pull up the curtains, Sophie flopped down on the blankets. "The sun is rising in the sky and so is the ability for the birds to fly! Oh my gosh, the sun is so pretty! Foster, we have to go out and see it."

Sophie spied on the clock. 4:00 am. "You know what else is pretty, Keefe? Sleep. And it looks awfully beautiful to me right now."

"You're also looking awfully beautiful today, Foster. Let's flaunt your beauty to the world."

Sophie whined against his hold but forgot how much stronger he was than her. In one swift pull, he had her against his chest. Sophie squeaked at the sudden movement but relaxed at his touch. Keefe's chin settled on her hair before whispering. "Can we go out and see the sunrise?"

"It's so cold outside, though."

"I'll cuddle you until you feel no cold at all."

Sophie sighed, "Fine. Let's go out."

Keefe smiled, tucked Sophie into a coat, and with her hand in his, went out into their backyard. The green patch of land was nothing special. There was a purple smoke bush in the middle, held up by a small trunk that barely lifted it off the ground. The pair sat next to the tree.

They sat parallel to the mountains that peaked above their backyard fence. The sky was a blend of orange and blue, clouds of a light gray scattered through the color. The sun hardly was seen through the mountains, but the light it emitted bathed the whole neighborhood in a hue of orange.

Though Sophie wanted to admire the sun's beauty, it was difficult with Keefe beside her. His happiness made the whole experience worth it. Sophie reached out a hand, caressing his cheek and tracing his jaw curve. His face as a whole was very sharp and precise, but when he smiled, they all faded away. The dimples on the side of his lips only made him more adorable.

Just as Sophie was about to take her hand away, Keefe jumped towards her, his hair brushing her face. His hand was tightly enclosed around her own.

"Bug." Keefe's nose wrinkled. "I thought we had got rid of all of them."

Keefe's eyes jerked to the side, looking for the bug that had scared him. While watching him, Sophie breathed incredulously, a smile twitching on her lips. Without thinking, she muttered, "I love you."

"What?" Keefe asked, still distracted but keeping his eyes on her.

It wasn't often that she expressed her affection verbally. "I said that I'm selling you to the zoo."

"Just because of a measly bug?"

"No, because of your reaction to a measly bug."

"Nah, you love me too much to do that. And besides, without me, who would protect you? The last time I saw Dex with a bug, he threw a wrench at my head." Keefe scoffed. "The bug wasn't even close to where I was."

"It was because you were the bug."

"Find a bug with a decent hairstyle and a suit, I'll gladly be one."

Sophie spluttered out a laugh at the statement, smiling.

Keefe paused. Stared at her. "You should smile more."

"Why?"

"You look cute doing it."

"You know when else I look cute?"

"When?"

"When we finally go inside the house and out of such freezing temperatures."

"Whatever you say, Foster." Sophie got up, then Keefe twirled her into his arms. "But let's be real. When do you ever not look cute?" 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

A/N: I'm sorry I'm not updating as regularly. I just really wanted to publish something on Wattpad ;)