snippets: married life

"Foster, get up, I made you some breakfast." 

Sophie groaned. "I don't want anything you've made." 

"Why not?" 

"Do you not recall just a week ago that you burned the oven-bake cookies?" She rubbed her eyes to look up at her husband. "And you pranked me to think that they were good." 

"They looked good." Keefe said. "I think it's the cookie's fault, not mine." 

"Sure it was, sweetheart." The blonde girl straightened up in bed, eyeing the mug in Keefe's hand. "Is that rigged?" 

"With what? Salt? Sugar?" 

"A remote-activated clown? A contained which spurts water onto my face?" 

"How 'bout a normal glass of coffee." 

Sophie took a sip. "You didn't make this." She took another sip. "Biana did." 

"I thought I could fool you." 

Sophie brushed his over-grown bangs away from his eyes. "Don't try it again, darling." 

"I should cut it." Keefe said, flicking his forehead. "I keep forgetting." 

"Don't do it." She collapsed back onto the bed. "It looks pretty on you." 

"You say everything looks pretty on me." 

"And I never lie." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"The kids are so annoying." Keefe told Sophie as they entered the car. "I swear, one more time they smirk at me for kissing you is my breaking point." 

Sophie scoffed and turned on her audio book. "I think you forgot that they're your children, Keefe. That would definitely be something that you would do." 

"No I would not. I'm positive, I'm not the one to tell someone off for showing affection to their loved ones. I would act disgusted, but really, watching someone kiss their partner's cheeks and then looking at them like they're their whole world is downright adorable." Sophie was getting slightly irritated that she couldn't hear her audio book. "And honestly the kids have to appreciate it now, or else guess who'll be smirking at their wedding alters. Oh my gosh, can you imagine their faces when—" 

Sophie kissed him. When she pulled away, Keefe was blushing, shriveled against the car seat. Smiling when she realized she didn't miss her favorite part of the book, she asked, "Anything else you want to say, honey?" 

"Feel free to use kisses to shut me up anytime." 

♡⇐ Sokeefe Love ⇒♡

"Your staring at me again, Keefe." Sophie sighed.

"I am not." Keefe looked down to his twined hands. "I'm simply am observing my surroundings." 

"You don't look at your surroundings like you look at me." 

"I would hope so, Foster, you're my wife, not some piece of furniture." Keefe smiled when he looked at the unsatisfied expression on Sophie's face. "But whatever do you mean?"

"You look at me weirdly. There's a strange glint in your eyes." Sophie giggled at the thought. "You look at me like you're staring at some sort of galaxy." 

Keefe smiled. "And how I love galaxies."