II - My stupid summer occupation

*Amanda* 2nd June

'Mom, close the shutters!' - I yelled. Yesterday was horrible. After I almost punched Zack in the face, the Headmaster sent a letter to my parents describing my 'uninterested attitude and disrespecting behaviour'. And now I don't wanna go downstairs, because I know that something bad is waiting for me.

'Morning, momma. Do you want breakfast? I can make pancakes...' (Worthless attempt of trying to buy your mother with a stupid offer)

'Sit' - she firmly said. I obeyed. 'We got a letter...'

'Yeah, I know. I'm sorry for my grades. I'll fix them up next year'

'Oh, no you will not.' She went to her purse and grabbed a paper and put it in the kitchen stand in front of my nose.

'A brochure.'

'Indeed. You are going on a summer camp this summer. No but's, we've decided. You are staying away from your friend and that boy. You're leaving next week.'

I knew I didn't need to fight back because they were not going to make up their minds. My mom doesn't like Lauren; she says she's a bad influence.

I went to my bedroom and lay on my bed.

'Shit, Amanda.'

It was by far the worst time of my life. High School was worst than I ever imagined. I wanted to do something crazy. I called Lauren.

'What's up?'

'Come over. And bring scissors.'

'Ten minutes.'

One hour later my long hair had turned into a shoulder-length bob. My bedroom floor was full of hair locks and I had already told Lauren about the summer camp.

'It feels good. Needed some change.'

'I think it suits you.'

The rest of the day was boring. Just doing some school stuff and cleaning my bedroom. My mom got open-jawed when she saw my hair. I kind of like it. It's much lighter.

*Amanda* 10th June

It is the day I'm leaving. And no, I am not going on my will. I did a hunger strike this week, during the day, and I'd eat at night. Again, failed attempt. I am really going on this stupid summer camp.