XVIII - You kissed the hell out of me and I swear I forgot how to breath

*Amanda*

The light that was coming through my window made me wake up. It was late and it was one of those hot days with a blazing sun, I could see.

I get up and walk downstairs looking like a zombie. I was Saturday.

'Morning, mom...' - I said, sitting on the chair next to the counter.

'Good morning, darling...' She was eating a toast. I helped myself to a bit of hers. 'How was your night?'

'Normal... It's really hot.' - I put my hair up in a bun.

'Maybe you could go to the swimming pool with your friends...' - She smiled. 'Enough of staying at home.'

'Thanks but maybe tomorrow.'

'Ok, I'm going to visit your dad at the hospital.'

'Good, bring Cole with you and give dad a kiss for me. I think I'm gonna go to Theodor's then.'

After getting dressed, I get my penny board and head over to his house. It wasn't hard to find. He had told it was the third one right after the grocer's.

The houses on his road were all the same white, except for one big villa that immediately caught my eye. It had a tempting swimming pool and a beautiful garden and, to my surprise, it was the third one after the grocer's. It was Theodor's house.

The gate is open and I enter it. I was even afraid to step on the grass, which seemed very delicate and healthy. I ring the bell and wait. I ring again and this time, a plump woman came to open the glass door.

'Yes?' - She was wearing an apron.

'Hello... Is Theodor in?'

'No, sweetie. He left early in the morning, that boy.' - She smiled kindly.

'Oh, ok. Could you please tell him Amanda was here?'

'He won't mind if his girlfriend waits for him in the living room, will he?'

'Oh, we are not-'- I blushed.

'Of course, you're not. C'mon then...'

I stepped inside and let me tell you, it was the most amazing house I'd ever seen. Everything looked very chic and expensive.

'My name is Madison, by the way.' She showed me the living room and told me to sit on this black leather sofa. I was astonished and examining every detail that was in front of my eyes. 'Then you're the famous Amanda... you know, Theodor is always talking about you.'

'Is he?'

'Yes.' - She was making me a cup of tea. I blushed again. 'You know, sweetie, he's a nice boy.' I nodded. 'His parents left him this house and now he's been living on his own. I hope not for long.' She smiled and I smiled back. 'So, are you dating?'

I didn't answer straight away as I was distracted with Theodor's dog. 'Excuse me?'

'I asked if you are Theodor's girlfriend...'

'Oh... no, he's never asked me.'

'Does he have to?' She handed me some biscuits; her smile still on her face. She was very nice and kind.

I just smiled. It felt like my lips were stuck to my cheeks. I couldn't stop smiling.

'I mean, we are but... not officially.'

'I'm glad he's found a girl. Sometimes he feels very lonely here. Well ...' - She took her apron off. - '... I guess you won't mind to stay here. I need to go to the grocer's. He'll be here in a minute. Please make yourself comfortable.'