XVI - And that's what happens when horror movies turn into love stories

*Amanda*

I'm glad I found Theodor. I mean, I'm still mad at him, but I'm glad. He wants to come over but my mom won't let me have any visits this summer! Damn it, sometimes I hate her.

After dinner I went to my bedroom. I decided to watch a movie on my laptop and ended up choosing this horror one.

The lights were out. I was inside my bed and my window was open. It was around 11pm. The movie was a bit boring at first, before the actual horror part started. I was tired because my mom was determined to wake me up early in the morning before she goes to work every day. My eyes were slightly starting to shut. It was a warm summer night, despite the light breeze, so it was the perfect environment for me to fall asleep. But of course, something wouldn't let me do that. All of a sudden, my phone starts vibrating and Theodor's name appears on the screen. I put the movie on pause before I answer the call.

'Already miss me?' - I said in a flirty voice.

'You're actually right. Come to your window.'

My window?

'What do you mean 'come'?'

He didn't answer. I stepped forward towards my window and he was on my backyard, leaning against his car's hood.

'Who said I couldn't be with you?' - He asked rhetorically.

'You can't be there! What if my mom sees you?' I was hysterical at this point.

'Will you let me in or what?'

No, Amanda, you can't. Mom's gonna kill you.

But, obviously, Theodor was my weakness. I threw him a rope and he came in, after climbing it. Ok, so, here I stand, in my bedroom. Theodor is here and he wasn't supposed to. He just came through my window. If this is not love then I don't know what it is.

'Nice bedroom.' - He complimented.

'I'm serious; you can't be here, Theodor!' I lowered my voice.

'Calm down, she won't notice. She's sleeping.' I made that 'how do you know that?' look. 'Hey, looks like women like to sleep with the windows open. And no, I don't blame you. It's very hot.' - He started taking his shirt off. I stopped him.

'Besides, I don't want you here. I'm still mad.' I wasn't. Maybe just a little.

'You don't look mad.'

'Then stop looking!'

'You were making out with that boy in front of me! I should be mad.'

'We weren't making out! And it was your fault!' I locked the door.

'How come that be my fault?'

I didn't answer right away. Saying that hurt me.

'I saw you and Charlotte... kissing and hugging.' I turned my head to the side and crossed my arms in my chest, sulky.

'Ok, one out of two. We did hug but just that. I mean, yes, there was a kiss...'

'I knew it.'

'...On her cheek, Amanda. That girl was crying like a baby and looks like she's not the only baby I know.' He pulled me closer and looked straight into my eyes. 'I'm not mad at you as long as you're not at me.'

I smirked and kissed him, as if approving. I put my hands on his neck and kissed him again intensely. It was a long kiss and I needed it.

'I feel a great appreciation for you.' - I said, smiling,

'What does that mean?' - He sniggered.

'That means you need to sneak out of here before my mom hears you.'

*Theodor* 30 minutes later

Yes, I'm still here. I try to take my shirt off again and this time successfully, although she doesn't approve it. I then try to sneak to inside her bed...

'What do you think you're doing?'

... And I do it, as well. Her legs were very soft and the pillow smelled like her. She stares at me.

'Seriously, Theodor. If you don't go, I'm gonna be in major trouble. Go home.' The seriousness in her voice was evident.

'But you are my home, Amanda.'

I got her with this one.

She smiled. That 'I don't wanna smile but you make me smile' smile. 'Ok, perhaps one night won't be a problem.' - She finally said.

(1 hour later)

Here I am, on Amanda's bed. She's sleeping next to me. We didn't even finish the horror movie because she was frightened to death so she told me she was tired as an excuse. Ok, maybe she was. I was playing with her hair and she just fell asleep. It's not the first time that I get to see her sleeping, but every time I do, it's as magical as the first one. She's so beautiful and innocent, in her own way.

The window remained open and the door locked. I pulled her closer to me so I could feel her heartbeat. And, looking at her, admiring the beauty sleeping in my arms, I fell asleep.