IX - Let's try again, Amanda

'What is it, Bri?' - Aaron asked, worried.

'Come take a-a look.' - She said, open-jawed.

We hurried to get to the front. And I'm glad we did.

'Oh-my-God...' - Amanda said.

*Amanda*

I couldn't believe what I was looking at. It looked like scenery from a film. It was beautiful.

'It is the most incredible waterfall I've ever seen in my life, Theodor.'

'Then you must have never gone to the Victoria Falls.' - Carolynn said rudely.

Everybody got closer.

'You know what I'm thinking guys?' - Aaron asked.

Then, like telepathy, everybody dropped their backpacks and jumped into the water. It was crystal clear as diamonds.

We decided to get to the top and then jump off the cliff. Theodor held my hand and then we both jumped. We dived into the fresh water. He kept holding my hand. It was the best moment of my life.

*Theodor*

When we submmersed, she looked out of breath.

'Are you ok?' - I asked.

'More than ok. It was the best feeling ever. I felt so free.'

'But you were holding hands with me, Amanda.'

'That's not a problem to me, Theodor.' - She smiled. I really wanted to kiss her. Damn, should I? Let me get a bit closer... No, no, she's not ready yet.

'Guys?' - Charlotte said. 'Jack just texted me saying Hey guys, we had a hole in the tire. I guess you'll have a few more hours to enjoy the waterfall. See you at 10am at the beach. Jack.'

Everybody got really excited. It had been the right timing. That meant we still had 4 hours at the waterfall. That wouldn't be a problem.

After a few more dives, me and Amanda sat down, watching everybody have fun.

'So, tell me more about you.' - I said.

'I have a brother, Cole. He's thirteen. And you?'

'I'm a single child. I'm the mommy's boy. She was the one who told me to come to the camp.'

'Really? Being here was supposed to be a punishment to me but it has turned out to be fun. It was worth just because I've met you.' - She said insecurely.

'You know, I like you and I don't want to lose you. Because my life has been better since I found you.' She blushed and placed her hand on my neck. Then, she kissed me. It was a quick kiss. She looked like a tomato. I wasn't satisfied, so I kissed her again intensely. And for a split second I felt that she was the one to keep.

'I admit it, I really like you. The saddest thing is, I know I can never have you.' She got up and turned away. Man, was it anything I'd said? Was it because of the kiss? I don't get these girls.

*Amanda*

That shouldn't have happened. It should not. I don't want to hurt him.

He came towards me. 'What's wrong?'

'Nothing. It's just that... I don't wanna hurt you, Theodor. I've hurt other boys before.'

'It would be no problem to be hurt by you. I've also hurt other girls. Not that I'm proud of that, you know. Shit happens. It can happen again and then we can fix it.'

'You can't fix yourself by breaking someone else.'

'What if we're meant to be together forever?' C'mon, that's very tacky, Theodor.

'I don't believe that.'

'In what?'

'Forever.'

'Me neither... But I believe in me and you.' That was cute.

'I don't know...' She lowered her head and he put her chin up with his hand.

'I can give you whatever you want.'

'I don't want anything.' I think I was afraid to love. Because love isn't touchable, it isn't concrete.

'But I want you, Amanda. And I know that love is just a shot in the dark, but I'm the light and I can make it work.' - He assured.

'You promise?'

'I do.'