C h a p t e r 1:

Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico 2001

Four-year old Morgana de La Cruz seemed like your average little girl - with a twist. Ever since she was born, the sweet Puerto Rican had mutant abilities that made her a target of HYDRA's scientists.

One Sunday morning, she was sitting in the dilapidated kitchen of her house coloring a Dora The Explorer coloring book. Her padre (father) was reading the Sunday newspaper and her madre (mother) was cooking breakfast-which consisted of refried beans, scrambled eggs, and homemade torillas. They suddenly all heard a loud BANG! outside the house and her parents decided to hide Morgana upstairs.

"No vayas fuera del armario, ¿entiendes? Pase lo que pase, no abras la puerta mi vida. Te quiero mucho!" said her mother as she stuffed her in a closet. (Don't go outside of the closet, do you undertsand? No matter what happens, don't open the door, my love. I love so much!)

With that, the mother went downstairs and suddenly Morgana heard screams of her parents , quickly being cut off by gun shots. The scared child stayed quiet until she heard voices lingering outside of the closet door.

"Find the little brat and bring here to me, we must take her back." said a cruel-like voice.

Morgana though, was still quiet until they eventually found her. She screamed in terror at contact, afraid that they would kill her as they did to her parents. It was then that the man wearing all black back-handed her across the head, knocking the poor kid out.

After what seemed like forever, she woke up yet only to have tubes sticking out of her tiny arms and legs. Morgana didn't know what was happening until it seemed like the man in charge talked.

"My dear, you finally woke up!" he said as he grinned in a evil way and stroked her cheek.

"¡No me toques!" Morgana spat at him in her native tongue as she moved her head.( Don't touch me!) She tried sticking up for herself, only to receive a slap across the face, which resulted in having hot tears roll down her tan cheeks.

"Someone's a little feisty, aren't they? That will change once we are done with you little one." he replied and left.

Many years passed, five years exactly, since they first kidnapped the Puerto Rican girl and made her became one of their most dangerous weapons.

Morgana now had been able to use her powers better. Since she was born, she has had: sharp metal-like claws, healing abilities, and the capability to multiply into many versions of herself, only to be allusions .

Also, as the years went on and she got older, her childhood was ripped away from her, only to be replaced by killing many people. The now eight-year old girl had been put out of her misery when an unexpected person helped her escape.

"Wake up please!" said a kind but alarmed voice, as Morgana slowly opened her chocolate brown orbs to the source of the sound. "I'm not going to hurt you okay? I just need you to cooperate with me now."

"Esta bien." were the last words Morgana said as she felt herself being carried and closing her eyes into a deep sleep. (That's fine).

// A/N
   Before we start this little story of mine, I would like to point out that the Spanish being added in the dialogue throughout the book may or may not seem a little different from what is usually heard. Since I am from two different parts of Mexico, some words are said differently, though mean the same in some way. Please be respectful if you come across a sentence that is worded in another form. Thank you. With that being said, I hope you enjoy the story as you read on!