Chapter 7

Minji's pov:

Today Y/n was back, we're classmates, both taking art classes.

These days have been weird. I feel like something's going on with her and Hanni. Could it be romantic or...?

I don't really know but whenever I mention them with the group a certain person gets sad.

So many questions and no answers. I've been friends with Y/n for 3 years, yet she hasn't opened up a lot about anything.

"Hey bear." Suddenly someone said from behind and came to sit on her seat next to me.

"Hey Y/n, no skipping classes today?" I asked her with a teasing smile.

"Nah, Hanni told me it was fine to come, she hasn't a fever anymore but she's still recovering." She replied and took the math notebook out of her backpack.

"Oh? Getting permission from Hanni now? That's suspicious girl." I said and took out my pen.

She chuckled before replying "It's nothing, I was just at her house yesterday, so she told me not to skip again."

I couldn't say anything, Mr.Jongin entered the class.

Y/N's pov:

After an hour of class...

Me and Minji decided to text the groupchat so we could meet up the others.

"Hey! Over here!" Danielle said and waved from a table at the canteen.

"Hey girls. How was class?" Minji asked and sat besides Haerin.

"Boring as fuck, I've always hated Science." Hyein replied and put her head on the table.

"Poor you." I replied and patted her head. (I luv head pats)

"When are we gonna practice today? Noon or...?" Haerin asked.

"I think after school we need to eat and do assignments so I suggest we practice in the afternoon." Dani replied.

"Okay sure, agreed." I replied.

"Don't worry, Hanni said she'll attend practice." Minji teased.

"Oh, great, she didn't say anything to me." I nonchalantly smiled.

"Well, she told us she wanted to surprise you but someone had to tell you because you look depressed again, now you're smiling." Hyein said and glared at Minji.

"Oops." She said with her deep voice.

"Uh anyway, I think I'm gonna go." I replied nervously and got up.

I took the bus today since my car was at the mechanic.

I went home and made some food. Then I sat on the table and I got a notification.

Oh, Hanni wants to video-call me. I picked up and placed my phone on a bowl in front of me, so it could be stable.

"Hey there sleepyhead." I greeted her and she rubbed her eyes.

"Hey Y/n/n~" she greeted with a faint smile.

"Not that nickname." I chuckled and ate a bite of my food.

"I miss your cooking, can I sleep over at yours tonight? We can cook together." She said and looked at my plate inside the screen.

"Of course, you know you're always welcomed here." I took another bite. Damn, I'm a 5 star Michelin cook.

She smiled and stretched her arms.

"A bird told me you're gonna attend practice today." I teased her with a smirk.

"Ow who told you, I wanted it to be a surprise." She pouted. Cute.

"I'm not telling you! Anyway I'm gonna call Karina, she said she wanted to study with me today." I said.

"Not her." Hanni roller her eyes.

"Why are you beefing with her PhamPham?" I asked while laughing at her eye roll.

"Nothing, she just gets on my nerves. Also, I wanna study with you too!" She replied and showed me the book we both have at our mutual class.

"Okay okay, I'm gonna cancel on her and stay on call with you to study together." I replied and she clapped her hands ironically.

"Wise choice."

I went to my room to take my books and she started reminding me what I need to study for our test next week.

"So... See you later I guess." She said with a smile.

"Yeah, see you later." I replied and hung up.

Of course I had to sleep, I love sleeping. Sleep is life purpose.

At practice...

We had agreed to meet for practice at Minji's house, she has a music room, just like Haerin. We always meet up at either one of their houses.

"Hey Hanni!" Minji said and rushed to hug her.

"Hey, missed me?" Hanni said as the other girls also went to hug her.

I didn't go with them, I stayed behind to connect my amp with my bass.

"And you? Didn't you miss me?" A voice said with a pout and I looked up to see my best friend.

"Of course not, ew." I teased her with a disgusted face.

"Hm okay then,no hug for you." She said and turned around to get her guitar out of her bag.

"NOOO" I said backhugged her while patting her head. She just laughed.

"Let's practice you guys." Dani said and went behind the microphone. Yup, you guessed right, she's our singer.

Dani is the singer, I'm the bassist, Hanni is the lead guitarist, Minji the drummer, Haerin on the keyboard and then Hyein is the rhythm guitarist.

We started playing every single song we've written so far, with such passion. Music has always been a career I've wanted to pursue, but then there's painting. Two different careers colliding.

"Come on Y/n, let's learn your new song." Hyein said and we took the prints of the different chords and beats for every instrument we have.

While playing this song me and Hanni kept looking at each other for some reasons. It felt comfortable. Her smile has always been a safe place for my troubles.

Then I looked back and I made eye contact with Danielle while she was singing the line "not with anybody else".

While vibing to this rather chill song we were all smiling. This is the first time we memorize a song on the first day of practice.

After finishing our songs, we sat on the couch for a bit before leaving.

"WHOEVER ATE MY CHIPS IS GOING TO-" Hanni was about to curse us all but I quickly saved it.

"It was me, sorry." I replied with an innocent smile.

"... Is going to be forgiven because everyone deserves a chance." She said with an innocent smile too like she wasn't about to kill us.

"Guys, my mom is picking me up, she also told me to pick up Haerin and Dani. So I guess good-bye!" Hyein waved at all of us before leaving with the other 2 girls.

"Y/n, we should go too." Hanni said and clinged to my arm.

"Yeah, goodnight bear!" I said and hugged Minji goodbye.

"See you on Monday!" Minji replied with a smile. Right, today was finally the last day of classes for this week.

Me and Hanni got in my car and returned to my house...