Chapter 24

Y/N's pov:

I was waiting at the café for Jiwon to arrive. I'm curious really. It's been years. She kept the number to call me suddenly?

"Y/n?" I looked up to see...

"Oh my god Jiwon!" I said and got up from my chair to greet her.

I didn't know what to do so I bowed. I heard her laughing.

"Why don't you just hug me silly?" She asked and I didn't even hesitate.

"I missed you so much dude!" She said before pulling away from the hug.

"I did too... But let's sit first, we'll talk about everything." I smiled and gestured her to sit in front of me.

We ordered coffees and we started talking about what has been going on these years.

I told her about my parents... About my ideal career and she told me everything about why she left so suddenly.

"I knew you would follow something with arts. You've always been good. Also do you still play the bass?" She asked me.

"Yeah! I've been playing for 9 years and counting!" I replied and she nodded in approvement.

"Are you still friends with Hanni?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah, but these weeks things have been rocky." I replied a little uneasy after getting flashbacks.

"Don't worry, you'll figure things out. I believe in my long lost friend!" She teased me.

"How come you called me after so many years?" I asked her curious.

"So... After moving to Jeju, my parents found a job and a house near my grandparents' house, so they could pick me up from school and everything, since my parents were working." She paused and I nodded so she could continue.

"I had your number written in the paper you had given me. I still have it! But that's not the point. When we were decorating my room, the box that I had your number suddenly disappeared." She paused again.

"Years later, I was rummaging through the warehouse and found the missing box... Every memory was there. As well as your number." She finished and took a deep breath, after speaking in a breath.

"Oh... I see. But you could've called me from your parents' phone right?" I asked confused and disappointed.

"No, I couldn't. Remember when you came over to my house and my parents found us nearly kissing? They thought you were "weird" apparently and forbid me from talking to you." She confessed.

"What? Nearly kissing? We were 11, Jesus. Anyway... Thanks for the honesty." I took a sip from my oat milk latte.

"How come you could meet up with me immediately? Didn't you have other things to do?" She asked and forrowed her eyebrows.

"I was at Hanni's house... When I took the call, she eavesdropped and heard that you wanted to meet up with me and started sulking. She stopped talking to me, so I found no point in pleading and I agreed immediately." I explained.

Hanni really didn't take it well. I don't know why but she never really liked Jiwon. She always said she gave a "vibe".

We kept talking about random things and recalled some memories when she suddenly spoke.

"You know I'm moving back right? I didn't just come to visit, this time, alone." She smiled.

"What?!" I exclaimed excited. She wouldn't leave this time.

The past few years I haven't made many friends. I might sound like a social butterfly but I'm very introverted.

I have a few close friends and the others are just people I know and talk.

I'm always afraid that they'll betray me. I except it actually. So it's better to be more cold hearted so others can't think of talking advantage of me.

Maybe this cold aura is attractive. Because I get too many bitches for being like that.

Hanni's pov:

She went to meet up with this girl she hadn't seen since they were 11...

What if she isn't who she used to be? What if she got a major glow up and she's prettier than me?

Am I being too insecure? Is Y/n that easy to seduce or something?

Maybe I'm just overthinking and they really are gonna stay friends.

Jiwon's pov:

I'm glad to be back. Y/n was one of the few people I hung out back in Seoul.

Actually, she's the only person who had a phone number back then and I happened to find my way back to her.

My parents were strict as hell. They once saw something wrong and thought of Y/n as someone she's not.

If I can recall, I used to have a crush on her years ago, but she's straight. (y'all Y/n came out when she was 13 so Liz has no idea.)

We exchanged our Instagram profiles and stayed silent for a while observing each other's feed and commenting on each other's stories.

"Oh? I didn't know you were a part of the LGBTQ+ community?!" She asked and her eyes found mine.

"Yeah, I've made it pretty obvious? The stories supporting the community and my style probably gave that out."

I was surprised, how did she figure out?

"I knew it, my gaydar is never incorrect." She smiled proudly.

Ohh so she's also- WHAT.

SHE'S ALSO QUEER.

"Oh I didn't know you were like that too." I replied trying not to freak out.

"Well... I thought you'd know by now that I was never really interested in boys." She chuckled.

I admire how she's proud of who she is. She's not closeted. Not like me.

I'm pretty much still on the closet. My parents have no idea, my friends know but only if you're one of the gays you can easily recognize the vibe.

Y/n's pov:

Hm that vibe that Hanni always said Jiwon had must be the gay vibe. There's no way she thought that Jiwon would have a crush on me or something. Right?

Autor: y'all I need to do something and teleport to my imagination.