II

Jennie Kim

"Are you going to the party on Friday?" Lisa says while trying to steal a chocolate from Rosé. We are sitting on the grass, under a big tree, while waiting for Jisoo to finish her swimming practice.

"I don't know." I shrug "But I want to go."

"They will win again, so the party will be big and loud." Lisa gives me a prank smile.

"LALISA!" Rosé hits Lisa's hand as soon as Lisa takes the candy "I WILL KILL YOU!"

"Jen, protect me!" She hides behind me and I cover my head with my hands.

"Get me out of the middle of your fights!" I try to protect myself while Rosé slaps Lisa a few times.

They run after each other and hands cover my eyes. Warm hands, by the way.

"Hey?" I say doubtfully as I slide my fingertips into the person's hands.

"Knock-knock." a strangely familiar voice sounds behind me.

"Who is it?" I end up smiling with the childish game.

"Guess who it is!" a low laugh.

"Chacha?"

"Touché!" I feel Chahee backhug me. "How are you?"

"A little sleepy." I end up yawning when I say that "And lazy and maybe a little hungry?"

"Hi." Chaelisa come back, panting, after being involved all this time and I start laughing when I see how sweaty they are.

"You are disgusting." they look at each other, then making a disgusted frown.

"It's your fault!" one points to the other and I already feel the next fight approaching.

"Stop nagging, Rosie posie! You started it." I bring my hand close to Lisa's head to ruffle her hair.

"JENNIE-YAAAAAAAAAAH! DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR!" She quickly comes back, moving away from me.

"Jen, you know no one is allowed to mess with Lisa's bangs." Rose giggles.

"It's just a bang, Lili." I roll my eyes and she looks at me with wide eyes.

"IT'S MY BANG! My precious, my baby!" She puts her hands in front of her forehead, as if that was to protect her from something.

"Do you know that I can cut your bangs when you're sleeping?" I smirk and she turns pale.

"You wouldn't do that to me, unnie!" she pouts.

"You doubt me?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Please, don't be so mean to me, I promise not to piss you off!" the Thai uses a sly tone and looks like she's about to cry.

"Nini, don't be so mean to her." I remember that Chahee is hugging me and I start laughing.

"You're so quiet I had forgotten you were here."

"I'm watching you frighten poor Lisa." She rests her chin on my shoulder.

"Jisoo wanted to put dye in her shampoo and conditioner days ago." I raise my eyebrows at Lisa who is more shocked than before.

"CHAENG! DO SOMETHING AND SAVE ME FROM THESE MONSTERS!" she hugs Rosé, looking like a helpless puppy.

"You are so dramatic Lisa" I roll my eyes and all but the youngest are laughing.

"I'll tell Jisoonie what you're doing to me, this is bullying, see?" Lisa gives me an angry look and pouts at the same time.

"Wassuuuuuup, man!" Jisoo says louder than usual as she approaches us, there is a wide smile on her face, which quickly disappears when she looks at me, but soon the smile is back on her face, much smaller than before.

"Jichu!" Lisa runs to Jisoo and hugs her "Shall we eat fried chicken today?"

"You know how to conquer my heart, Limario." Jisoo laughs and sits next to Rosé. "Hi, Chipmunk! We haven't seen each other for so many days." she pinches Rose's cheek.

"Of course, you're always busy training, or being fawned over by that bunch of fans who'll do anything for your attention" Rosé rolls her eyes.

"Nah!" Jisoo clicks her tongue "I'll always have time for you, you're my friend."

"Enough, Chaeng, leave Jisoo to me." Lisa sits on Jisoo's lap and I stare at them in surprise.

"Oh, how difficult it is to be popular." Jisoo throws her hair to the side and uses a dramatic tone. "You're a big baby today, Liz."

"She's just not like that when she's trying to steal my food!" Rosé says irritated and tries to slap Lisa, who runs out of Jisoo's lap.

"Were you fighting over food again?" Jisoo says in an amused tone.

"Yeah." I say before one of them answers and I get up "Isn't it time we go? Are you going with us, Chacha?" I help Chahee to get up.

"I think it's better not, I don't want to disturb you." she gives me a shy smile.

"Oh, I don't think I introduced you" I pull her closer to Jisoo "Chu, this is Chahee, my new friend, we have most of our classes together. Chacha, this is Jisoo..."

"The university's star athlete." Chahee cuts me off and extends her hand to Jisoo who looks at her with a different sparkle in her eyes, different in a bad way and I don't understand why.

"It's not for that, I'm just another student, nothing out of the ordinary." Jisoo shrugs and shakes Chahee's hand with a firmness I've never seen before. "But it's nice to meet Jennie's friend."

"Leeeeeeeet's go, I'm hungry!" Rosé grumbles and puts her arm around Jisoo's shoulders as she continues to stare at Chahee.

"You were eating just now." I still can't understand how this girl manages to eat so much.

"Running after Lisa made me hungry." she pouts and Jisoo laughs.

"I'm getting hungry too, training was hard today" she yawns "I intend to go to bed very early."

"Come on, Chacha! You won't bother us, it's good that we all become friends." I shake her arm, tugging on the sleeve of her blouse.

"Nini, I don't want to disturb your moment."

"Relax, you won't disturb anything. It will be fun, Chu always makes me laugh. We can go?" I look back at the trio in front of me and Jisoo is staring at me in such a different way than usual.

"Yeah." her expression is now neutral, with a simple polite smile, and I don't understand what's going on.