XXI

Kim Jisoo

"Have you still been getting secret notes?" Jennie asks while I'm in the closet looking for an outfit to go to the boys' state swim competition.

"Yes." I say and smile when I find the black blouse I wanted "But I don't even bother to read it, I just pick it up and throw it away. Lisa who likes to read." I sit on the bed while I wear the blouse and Jennie pushes me, making me lie down. I raise an eyebrow, not understanding what she's doing.

"I don't like that you keep getting these notes, it's like someone was watching you all the time." she sits under my legs and pouts.

"Lisa said the same thing, but that's not something I have control over." I caress her thighs and Jennie sighs.

"I know, I'm happy and calm that you don't mind, but it bothers me." She says after a few minutes looking at the wall and turns to face me.

"What do you want us to do about it?" I support myself on my elbows, leaning towards the girl with the cat eyes.

"Don't you suspect anyone? Absolutely no one?" Jennie says seriously and I keep thinking for a few seconds, shaking my head in denial when no name or suspect comes to my mind "I have a suspect." She bites her mouth, looking apprehensive.

"Who?" I look at her in surprise.

"Promise you won't fight me?" She pouted and furrowed her brows.

"Jennie... what did you do?" I narrow my eyes and she widens her pout.

"Jinyoung." she says quickly and I blink a few times. Weirdly, I'm not surprised or dismissive of the idea, just crazy.

"Wow, I don't even know what to say." I clear my throat "I mean, I would just find it really crazy if he was that person. I remember him crying drunk over his ex. He dated a girl for a while, they seemed in love, but then you said you heard that argument at the party... It's all very confusing."

"I thought you would call me crazy and defend him." She lets out a sigh of relief, making me laugh.

"I don't put my hand in the fire for anyone." I shrug and Jennie gets off of me.

"Not even for you?" She narrows her eyes when I stand up.

"Not even for me." I wink at her who now looks surprised "But I know someone who could tell us if the handwriting on the notes is from Jinyoung or if it even looks like his handwriting." I'm walking towards the bathroom to fix my hair.

"Who?"

"Taehyung."

"No way I'm going to talk to him about it." I hear her indignant tone and stifle a laugh.

"Any other ideas?" I say as I leave the bathroom and Jennie gets up, coming towards me.

"And if you open up to him?" She wraps her arms around my neck and I frown.

What do you mean?"

"When we were fighting and you went to the bar, he was holding on to you as if you were his property, maybe if you started complaining about me, about us, or giving him space to declare himself..."

"But we don't have any problems and I'm not mad at you, how am I going to do that?" I wrap my arms around her waist and Jennie distributes kisses on my neck, making me close my eyes.

"Where is that actress, Kim Jisoo?" she whispers with her mouth in my ear and I shiver.

"I don't know." I pout and Jennie kisses me, squeezing the back of my neck and pushing me against the nearest wall. I grip her waist tightly, moving my hands inside her shirt as she bites my bottom lip, pressing herself against me. I slide my mouth over her jaw, placing kisses along her neck, and Jennie lets out a soft moan.

"Chu... Can't you try to do this for us? I'm really sure he's your admirer and I bet if you give him a little space, he'll give in." she whispers, pressing herself against me.

"Yeah, I'll do whatever you want." I say with my mouth against her neck, about to give a hickey when she abruptly pulls away and I look at her blankly.

"Then we need to agree on how we are going to act in public." Jennie smiles widely and perversely "Let's pretend we're fighting and hating each other, let's ignore each other's existence so he believes he has chances with you."

"This is going to be so hard." my gaze falls on her cleavage and I feel Jennie's fingers on my chin, lifting my face towards hers. "I don't know if I can keep my hands off you, I want you close to me."

"It will only be for a few days and when we are in public, the rest of the time, we will stay here to do what we want." she bites her own mouth, leaving my gaze locked on her lips and I lean towards her. Before I can answer, my phone starts ringing and Jennie lets go of me, picking it up off the bed and throwing it to me. "It's him."

"Yes?" I clear my throat and sigh. Jennie leans in again, sliding her lips softly across my jaw and I close my eyes.

"Will you come to the competition?" Jinyoung's excited voice sounds on the other end of the line.

"Yes, I'm going to be a little late because I had a big fight with Jennie." I let out a heavy sigh when I feel my girlfriend bite my chin lightly and I hold back a giggle.

"We can talk about it when you arrive, but I'm sorry for the discussion." he says in a tone that sounds serious and sad, but Jennie is never wrong when judging someone's character, so I'm left wondering how much of this is pretend.

"All right, see you soon!" I hurry to end the call and Jennie is smiling widely before kissing me again.