IX

Jennie Kim

I refuse to believe that Chahee feels anything for me other than friendship, but the hard and direct way she spoke to Jisoo doesn't give me any reason not to think that she feels something more.

My heart skipped a beat as I heard Jisoo's voice rise a few notches when Chahee accused her of being at fault for me drinking so much. I was so angry I just wanted to forget that Taehyung was back and all the insecurities he makes me feel.

But what really caught my attention was the fact that Chahee accused Jisoo of only caring about fame. She really doesn't know Jisoo to assume something like that. The fact that my girlfriend has been busy the last few weeks training and training for competitions doesn't mean she doesn't like or value me.

That's something I can't complain about Jisoo, whenever we're together she goes out of her way to make me feel safe and comfortable with her. It's not like I have any doubts about how Jisoo feels, she's never been shy or afraid to come out or anything like that.

The worst was listening to the clash between them and not knowing if it was real or if I was delusional, but after I woke up and saw Jisoo, I had to create a quick plan of action so as not to make clear everything I heard.

I was surprised to see that Jisoo was there, by my side, holding my hand and taking care of me. It made all my worries and insecurities about that shitty teacher go away.

I roll over in bed and realize that the side where Jisoo sleeps is freezing, that means she's been up for a while. I hear voices outside the room, but I can't make out who's here.

I pull out my phone and see that there are several missed calls from Chahee, as well as a few messages from her, Chaelisa, and Seokjin. I frown because it's so rare that Jin sends me anything other than memes.

Before I respond to any of the messages, the bedroom door slowly opens and Jisoo walks into the room. I watch her tiptoe into the closet, closing the door behind her. I smile as I realize how she has avoided making any noise and I can't help but sigh passionately as I realize how much care she takes for me.

I get up and leave the room, surprising Chaelisa cleaning the room and gathering rose petals. I furrow my brows, not understanding what they're doing here with all this.

"What is happening?" I approach them and rest my hands on my hips, watching the whole thing.

"We're cleaning." Lisa complains.

"Are you better, unnie?" Rose says as she hugs me.

"Yeah, I just drank too much." I shrug "My stomach is a little queasy, but I think it's hunger." I pout.

"There's food in the fridge, let's heat it up as soon as we're done here." Rosé says and I keep looking from Lisa to her, waiting for an explanation "Oh, Jichu arrived earlier yesterday and had prepared a surprise for you, but as you had to go to the hospital, she asked for our help to clean everything up." the look Rosé is giving me is the same 'you know you screwed up' look.

My heart sinks when I realize that Jisoo came back from her trip just to prepare a surprise for me, meanwhile, I was drinking and angry with her about the past. A past I swore I had forgiven and left behind, but maybe I was wrong.

"Jendeuk, how are you?" Jisoo's voice is present and now I'm dying of shame to look at her. I close my eyes and take a deep breath mentally.

"She's hungry." Rosé ends up answering for me and I make a mental note to thank her later. When I open my eyes, I see that Lisa has just packed up and left for the kitchen.

"Oh, don't worry, I ordered ramen for you. I thought this would be better." Jisoo stops in front of me, with a worried expression and I bite my bottom lip.

"You said you had food in the fridge." Rose pouted.

"And yes, I ordered Korean food yesterday, but no one ate it, we can heat it up for us." Jisoo shrugs "But Jennie has to eat something fresher and more comfortable."

"Jichu, she just has a hangover." Lisa returns to the living room and throws herself on the sofa. "It's not like she's sick or anything" she says without looking at me, but I feel the weight of judgment in her words.

"Manofoot, let me take care of my mandu!" Jisoo throws herself on the couch next to Lisa "I know you had plans with Rosé today, but I swear I'll reward you for your help." she squeezes Lisa's cheek who just takes the remote and turns on the TV. "Come on, stop being moody."

"Go warm up our lunch, I'm hungry." Lisa laughs softly and pushes Jisoo with her shoulder. I feel Rosé take my hand and pull me into the kitchen.

"Jennie and I took care of it!" she says as we walk down the hall.

"What's the problem?" I say as soon as we pass through the door and I hear the blonde sigh.

"What else did you do at this party?" She turns to me and I frown.

"I drank and passed out." I say as if it were obvious and Rosé stares at me for a few seconds before picking up the phone. "Why is Lisa acting..." I stop talking when I look at the screen and see a few seconds video where I'm giving Chahee a peck. I cover my mouth with my hands.

"That's why Lisa is irritated. She came here wanting to tell Jichu everything and it was hard to convince her to keep quiet." Rosé shakes her head in denial "What did you do, Jennie?"

"I don't know, Rosie, I don't remember." I say softly, feeling the guilt start to creep in "How did you get this video?" I feel my throat close and the urge to cry starting to emerge.

"I received this video from a number I don't know." She hands me the phone so I can read the message sent right after the video. 'Looks like our star now has a headdress on.' "What do you intend to do?" I keep looking from the message to the blonde in front of me, not knowing exactly what to answer. How am I going to assume something I don't remember doing?

"Nothing, I don't know, I don't want to think about it." I feel a slight twinge in my head "Just trying to think about it, my head starts to hurt. I'll sort this out later, let's get lunch ready." I walk to the fridge while I hope Rosé doesn't criticize me.