XI

I blink a few times to realize this is all just a nightmare. Not even my worst nightmares were like that.

Suddenly, the pieces fall into place about what Chahee said that day. Angry Jennie, complaining about me and some boy. Taehyung here.

For God sake, it was everything I didn't need right now as I'm trying to be more present for her. I don't need Taehyung here to stir up old wounds and bring the past into the present.

"We need to talk." the teacher says, making my mind leave this tornado of thoughts and focus on him.

"I don't think so." I look at him and Taehyung smiles broadly.

"You know we need to talk. I was looking forward to meeting you here, I just didn't think it would take this long, considering I teach your girlfriend." His acidic tone makes me clench my hands tightly.

"Didn't you teach at our old school?" Jinyoung's voice becomes present and I realize how strange all this must sound to him. After all, why would a former teacher insist so much on talking to me?

"Yes, Jinyoung, it's good to see you too." Taehyung's wide smile fades a little and I shake my head in denial.

"Sooya, I need to go, see you later" Jinyoung says as he hugs me and leaves, leaving me alone with the teacher who now smiles widely again.

"I hope you didn't piss Jennie off like you used to." I say as soon as Jinyoung is far enough away.

"You know, it's hard not to tease her considering how easily stressed she gets." the brunette lets out a chuckle and I run my hand over my face.

"Taehyung, we have nothing else to talk about. I was very clear and sincere with you." I'm about to turn around when I feel his hand on my arm, pulling me closer to him.

"Not so sure about that, considering you were playing with me and Jennie at the same time." he looks at me seriously "Or have you already forgotten everything that happened? I can help you remember." Taehyung brings his face closer to mine and I push him away at the same time.

"No thanks, the worst mistake I ever made is fresh in my memory, I don't need your help at all." I take a deep breath, trying to stay calm. I look down the hall, but it's lunchtime and most of the students have already left.

"What are you calling a mistake, Jisoo?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Everything that happened between us was a mistake and you know it." I nod between me and him "You were my teacher, you are my brother's friend, do you have any idea how wrong all that was? There are so many levels of errors that I can't even name right now."

"Shall we have lunch together and talk? I'll be here for a while, so I think it would be good to clear things up so there's no tense atmosphere." Taehyung says without looking at me.

"I'm not going anywhere with you and whatever we have to talk about, we can talk here, because it shouldn't take that long." I cross my arms and take a deep breath, praying to all the gods for Jennie to show up, or better not, she would kill both of us.

"You know, I remember when you used to love going out with me." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Taehyung, what else do I need to say to you? I'm with Jennie, I love her, she's the one I want to be with. She's the one I'm going to stay with, no matter what. Everything that happened between the two of us was a mistake and nothing will ever happen again." I say seriously and he keeps looking at me.

"You are very sure about what you say." he says after some time staring at me.

"We're talking about Jennie. It's the only certainty in my life." I shrug as if it were obvious "I was too blind and insecure before to see things with the clarity I see now. I don't even know why I had doubts about what I felt since I always knew it was her."

"You're really in love with her, huh?" He gives an amused smile and I'm starting to get irritated with his reaction.

"I always have been, but before I was too much of a coward to admit it." I say with conviction and it's the first time I see any trace of good humor disappear from his face "I'm telling you, there's nothing capable of separating me from Jennie. Never."

"Karma works in many ways, Jisoo, you shouldn't be so sure about that. Things can change quickly." Taehyung gives a half smile and I take a deep breath again. We stared at each other until he smiled wider "Hello, Jennie."

"What's going on here?" My girlfriend's irritated tone is present and I turn towards her.

"We're just clarifying some things since I'm going to be here for a while." Taehyung also turns to Jennie and shrugs.

"Something I should be worried about?" She raises an eyebrow, looking at me.

"No, there is nothing between me and Taehyung for you to worry about. And it won't exist again. That was a mistake." I say without looking away from her.

"Okay, I got it." he raises his hands in surrender "It's good that we clarified everything, I just want to say one thing." the teacher turns to me "You're not the only one who makes mistakes." Taehyung winks before leaving, leaving me alone with Jennie, who now looks a little pale.

"I have no idea what he said that pissed you off, but I swear I just found out he was here today." I approach Jennie, afraid she will explode and kill me. "Don't be angry, please, Jendeukie."

I stare at her, but she doesn't say anything, just hugs me tightly.