XVI

"You don't look so sorry. "Lisa says after we've downed the fourth or fifth shot of tequila of the night.

"How can I regret something I don't remember I did?" I let out a sigh and lean on the table where we are. It took me 3 days to convince Chaelisa to go out with me to drown my sorrows. "I regret not having spoken before and I regret having acted impulsively, does that not mean that I regret everything that happened afterwards?"

"I mean is that you don't seem sorry or that you want Jisoo back." Lisa shrugs and stares at me with that critical look. In our group, she has always been the most protective when it comes to defending Jisoo.

"Rosé said that I need to give her time while I work on my impulsiveness." I say without looking away from Lisa "It's what I'm doing, it's not what I'd like. If I could, I would drag myself to her feet until she forgave me."

"I didn't say that."

"Who said? Jisoo?" I narrow my eyes.

"No, someone told us at lunch when we saw you with Chahee and the Simihaze."

"Well, Chahee acts like nothing happened and I think is great because for me nothing happened." I say as if it were obvious "But who commented on that? What was Jisoo's reaction?"

"She was silent as she watched your group pass in front of our table."

"Who is trying to put nonsense in her mind?"

"Jinyoung." she says simply and Rosé returns to the table with a portion of french fries.

"What? Why is he talking nonsense? Is he not dating Sunmi?" I wave to the waiter to bring another round.

"Where did you get that from? Everyone knows that Sunmi has a crush on Jisoo, except for Jisoo who insists on pushing Jinyoung on top of Sunmi." Lisa laughs as she wraps her arm around Rosé, reminding me of when Jisoo did the same and I loved the feeling it caused me.

"She's dumb." I roll my eyes. "She's great at seeing when x person is into y, but never able to tell when someone is into her."

"Two dumbs" Rosé says and Chaelisa are now laughing. I cross my arms and pout.

"Are you going to tell us that you didn't know that Chahee liked you?" Lisa takes one of the potatoes and puts it in her mouth.

"I suspected, but since she never said anything and for me it was always friendship, I never cared about that." I shrug. Lisa's phone starts ringing and I see Jisoo's image on the screen. The Thai woman gets up and I sigh as the waiter places the new filled glasses in front of us. "Do you think she will get involved with someone? Do you think she still loves me?"

"I don't think she'll ever be able to stop loving you, but she's hurt." Rosé takes her dose and quickly turns it.

"I really wanted her back, Rosie posie. There are moments when I think I'm going to go crazy missing her." I feel my eyes burn.

"Oh, Jen..." The blonde leans towards me and squeezes my hand. Lisa sits next to her girlfriend and stares at her phone screen.

"Jisoo is half drunk and on her way over here." she says without looking at me as she pulls the glass closer to her. Any trace of drunkenness drains from my brain when her words make sense.

"You had the brilliant idea of ​​inviting her to come to the table where her ex is????" Rosé changes her voice and Lisa flinches.

"I didn't have time to say who I was with, she just asked where I was and said she was coming. I can tell by her voice that she's a little high."

"Just a correction, we didn't break up officially, we're taking a break." I say as I down my shot of tequila. Facing Jisoo will be something I wasn't prepared for. Rosé gives me a look as if to say 'please, even you don't believe this'.

I go through my bag and luckily there's a cap inside. I put it on my head and smooth my hair as I feel Chaelisa's eyes on me.

"Jen?" Chahee's voice makes me quickly turn my head in her direction. She is accompanied by the Simihaze twins and all I can think about is Jisoo coming over. This is getting worse and worse. "I knew it was you! We've missed you the last few days." she sits next to me, along with the twins and I look at Chaelisa feeling the panic rise.

"I didn't know you would come here" I force a smile and clear my throat "What are you drinking?"

"Whatever you are drinking, we are too." the Simihaze say and I bite my bottom lip.

After they order, I'm feeling downright uncomfortable in their presence. Luckily, I'm mostly quiet and Chaelisa seems to talk to them a lot.

My focus is on the door to the bar. The bustle of people coming in and out is constant, but the world seems to stop the moment the door opens and Jisoo walks in hugging Jinyoung, making my heart sink and my eyes burn. I look away and blink away the tears.

"What is Jin doing here?" Rosé's voice makes me look back at the group approaching our table and I feel the gossiping gazes of the Simihaze looking from me to Jisoo.

My attention is quickly drawn away from Jin as I watch Jinyoung pull my ex closer to his side, like she's his property. I take a deep breath in anger and then the pieces fall into place.

Jisoo arriving late because Jinyoung and his girlfriend had broken up. He was from the same school as us. The discussion at the party. Jisoo has already commented that he tried to get close to us back then and I don't remember his existence.

Jinyoung is Jisoo's stalker/admirer.

"JenJen!" Jin's voice takes me out of this train of thought and I turn to him. "I missed you!" I stand up and hug him tightly. The same feeling as hugging a worried older sibling.

"I missed you too, Seokjin!" I say softly and try not to cry when I think that Jisoo and I broke up. What does Jin think about my betrayal?

"No more hugging my girlfriend, Jin." Jisoo's voice is present and I hear several surprised murmurs. My heart misses a beat and I turn away from him, turning to Jisoo not understanding what she's saying.

Before I can answer, Jin releases me and Jisoo approaches me, putting her hands on my face and kissing me. This kiss took me so by surprise that I just rest my hands on her waist and squeeze gently.

Jisoo slides her hands to the back of my neck, deepening the kiss and making me sigh. This kiss tastes of urgency. I'm still dizzy when the brunette pulls away and it takes me a few seconds to open my eyes.

Everyone except Jin is staring at us not understanding what's going on and Jisoo has a wide smile on her face as she waves to the table. Her smile turns smug and cocky when her gaze lands on Chahee and she wraps her arm around my waist, pulling me close to her.

"Let the celebrations begin because the star of the party has arrived!" Jin claps his hands and sits next to Chaelisa. I look at Jinyoung who has an annoyed expression and now it's my turn to give a smug smile.

"Jendeukie" Jisoo says and I feel her hug me "Just go with the flow. Then we talk better and I'll explain all this to you." she whispers in my ear before placing a kiss just below my ear, making me shiver.