XVIII

Kim Jisoo

"Now can you explain to me what all that was about yesterday?" Lisa says as soon as I get out of the pool at the end of extra training. It's already dark and she's still here waiting for me.

"I went with Jinyoung to the mall to pass the time until Jin arrived and while he talked non-stop, my mind went so far." I sit on the bleachers and take off my cap "I went back to those days, Liz, I remembered how much I hurt her. That even though I didn't mean to, what I did was play with her and part of me knew it was wrong."

"So you decided to go back with her because of guilt? For not forgiving yourself?"

"No, but I was aware that it was wrong and Jennie knew that, she knew that I was aware of how far I went, and even so she forgave me." I run my hand over my face and let out a heavy sigh "If she managed to forgive me after all that, why can't I forgive her? Isn't that what love is? Is it not forgiving?"

"And who guarantees that you are not in denial?" the thai woman sits beside me "I never supported you and Taehyung, just as I will never support betrayals at any level."

"I know, you're one of the best friends I could ever have." I put my arm around her shoulders and hug her.

"YOU'RE SO COLD!" she screams and pushes me, making me laugh.

"Don't worry, if you feel you should talk to Jennie about everything that happened and give your opinion, go ahead." I say after some time that we are silent.

"Does Jin know?"

"No, I didn't have the courage to tell him. You know how much he admires Jennie, especially after everything that's happened." I let out another sigh "I think this is something she has to tell him, not me."

"Honestly, I don't know how you managed to process everything so quickly and come to that decision."

"I love Jennie so much, Lisa. I love her so much it hurts to be away from her." I get up, heading towards the locker room and pulling Lisa with me "Besides, it irritates me to see Chahee's hopeful looks towards Jennie, just waiting for a slip to take my place." I say irritated and the Thai woman starts laughing.

"Jealous Jisoo is something rare, but when she appears too..." she whistles and laughs again.

"I don't think that's it, I mean..." I clear my throat when I open my locker and see another note inside. I take the note and throw it to Lisa "What I mean is that when Jennie was a jerk, she found her way of proving to me how she felt about me, of showing me that it was real, that she wasn't kidding." I take my things and put on the robe "I want to do this, Lisa, I want to prove to her that everything I feel for her is real. I want Jennie not to have to feel insecure if someone from the past comes back into our lives because she will have the unshakable certainty that in my life there is only space for her." I close the closet door and lean against it, staring at the Thai woman who looks confused. "What's it?"

"I'm disappointed but not surprised that you and Jennie Kim are back together." She looks up from the note to me and a confused expression on her face.

"Taehyung?" I frown in confusion "There's no way it could be him, I'm sure. Besides, I know his handwriting." I take the paper from Lisa's hands "You know what's funny? I feel like I know this letter, but my brain can't seem to connect the dots and show me who it is." I crumple up the little strip of paper and throw it in the trash can.

"Aren't you curious to know who it is?" She accompanies me when we leave the locker room.

"When we were at school yes, but now? Nah." I shrug and put my arm around hers "I already have so many things to occupy myself, besides, what difference does it make to know that someone has a platonic crush on me? It doesn't change anything for me."

"I think it's super weird to have a person admiring you for so long. Don't you get scared?"

"I don't think so" I keep thinking about her words "This person never threatened me or anything like that. He or she's just too scared to get dumped."

"I don't know how someone still gets into you or Jennie knowing how you two are for each other."

"And what? You think I don't know the admirers you and Chaeng have? How does one of them have the audacity to be enchanted by the two of you, when you are always clinged and are totally fags for each other?" I push her lightly and we start to laugh.

"We learn from the best." Lisa winks "But let's face it, Chaelisa is superior to Jensoo, you and Jennie really like a drama." she makes a frown of disgust.

"I'll tell Jennie what you've been saying." I make my look more evil and she now looks terrified.

"JICHU! SHE IS GOING TO PUT INK IN MY SHAMPOO!" She jumps on me, squeezing me as if her life depended on it.

"And she'll even cut your bangs while you sleep!" I stick my tongue out and run away with a nearly crying Lisa behind me.