thirty three

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"LUCERYS IS DEAD!" DAEMON YELLS in their chambers after he read the letter Otto Hightower had sent them, they'd both knew something had happened when Arrax – Lucerys' dragon came back without his rider. Rhaenyra had prayed for her family to take care of her son as he'd been captured, but it turns out he was dead for being a traitor.

Rhaenyra fell to the ground once more, and cried out in agony, her cries echoed throughout the castle. Rhaenys hadn't known what had happened until Ser Erryk told the older woman about the letter from the Green's council that explained that Lucerys was dead, and that if she didn't bend the knee to Aegon then everyone else would turn out the same.

Rhaenys wondered what was wrong with Otto Hightower, this was awful, hadn't Rhaenyra already lost enough, she's been through so much that she was afraid their little Queen would become a tyrant due to all of this pain. She walked to Rhaenyra's chambers and watched Daemon storm out in a fit of rage and go down the opposite corridor, Rhaenys opened her Queen's door and found Rhaenyra in a fatal position; she was sat next to her window, holding herself by her front, bent over – sobbing, her hair curtaining all sides of her face.

The older woman walked over to her and gently bent down next to her, she put her hand on the younger's back, causing the other woman to lean into her hold. Her mind was all fuzzed out, she felt as though she were underwater trapped, she couldn't breathe, she let Rhaenyra help her up and sit her on the bed. Rhaenys moved the hair from her face and held her hands gently before bending down in front of her with a little smile.

"Shh, Rhaenyra, it's alright, I'm here now, Shh." She cooes listening as she choked on her sobs, causing her to hiccup slightly. Rhaenys brushed away her tears with her thumb, "it's alright, follow my breaths, you can do it, good girl."

The praise, she's never been praised before. Rhaenyra looks up from her wet lashes and looked directly at her cousin, "need mama." She mumbles through her thick breaths trying to stop her sobs, "p'ease, need mama." She mumbles as her sobs slowly turned into tired cries, "a-and Hela!" She says taking the balls of her fist from Rhaenys' hands and rubbing her eyes.

"Shh, you will be with your mama soon, and soon you can cuddle with all of your siblings, hm?" Rhaenys says trying to get her to calm down, "I do not mean to imply anything brash, but I need older Rhaenyra to come back to us, and discuss whatever we need to discuss with the council and then you can go back to being little all you want."

"Pwomise?" She asks holding out her pinky as she felt a wash of tiredness seep into her tone as she felt herself come back.

"I promise, little dragon." She swears, she watched as Rhaenyra fought to get herself out of the headspace she was in, she watched all the grief come back into her expression.

"I-I have to deal with the council and send a Raven to Jace." She mutters softly, she wipes her face, "could you help me look as if I hadn't been crying?"

"Of course," she bows her head. She knew that Rhaenyra was going to need guidance from this day onwards, she knew that a war was coming, and she knew the girl in front of her was going to start it.

After cleaning herself up with the help of Rhaenys, the Queen stood around the council who were shouting profanities at each other about the Green's committing a crime by killing Lucerys and how Otto had the audacity to ask Rhaenyra to bend afterwards. She met eyes with Daemon who stares at her with a soft look, but his eyes held so much madness and anger, he was not the only one.

He walked over to his wife and stood besides her as Rhaenys went to get Lord Corlys for support. His hand was on the bottom of her back, he saw tears still fall down her cheeks as she quickly wipes them away.

"They have gone too far," Rhaenyra spoke up causing the men to quieten down. "Otto Hightower is imprisoning the Queen and her children, and is ruling the realm with his council men and has killed my son – he is starting a war. As soon as we send the Ravens to Princess Rhaena and Baela along with Prince Jacaerys then we figure out when to strike." She says confidently as she leaned across the table,"it is a war Otto Hightower wanted and now it is a war he shall get."

Then men around the table start their preparations at her speech and she looked to Daemon who mumbled her name, "are you sure we should do this?"

"Yes, he has gone too far. First imprisoning my family and next he kills my son, the war has started because he wanted it too, and we will give him what he wants. Though, we have an advantage, we have dragons, he however does not." She says completely forgetting about not wanting to burn everyone alive, she will do what she has to do, it is in her blood and it is her duty, she will protect the realm from Otto Hightower's poison and that is what she shall do.

Anything to get her family back, and to avenge her son.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
my poor baby nyra:(
#ottohightowerhatesqaud

vote, comment & drink water!
<3