forty one

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

RHAENYRA HAD WOKEN UP BETWEEN HELAENA and Aegon after the incident in the halls, she felt better, but deeply embarrassed, how could she have done that? She turns to her left to see a snoring Aegon, and on her right was Helaena, both of them had their arms around her very tightly, the woman felt that she woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

She felt grumpy, mischievous but also very demanding. She managed to sit herself up and down off the bed, she heard shuffling and glanced back to see Helaena and Aegon had moved closer to each other, they were both cuddling a pillow probably thinking it was her.

Rhaenyra gently crept out the door and out into the hall where she got many looks from guards. She quickly found her room and began to get changed into a new gown, and got ready for the day. Her doors opened revealing Daemon who carried a tray full of breakfast, he smiled at her earning one back, he placed the tray down and walked over to her causing her to give him a few kisses to his lips.

"I haven't seen you since the trails," he mutters as he settles her down into her seat, "you've been avoiding me."

Rhaenyra looks up at him, she gives him a small smile, "I don't mean to. I have just been busy with my new duties and I have finally gotten the chance to mourn."

"You should not have to mourn alone," he says as he pours her a cup of tea, "I am here, your sons are here, the greens they're also here and you're pushing everyone away."

She frowns for a moment, she wanted to cut in and say that she wasn't but she decides to listen to what he had to say. "Rhaenyra, talk to me, now, here in this room." He says as he kneels in front of her and takes her hands, "I'm sure you are tired keeping everything to yourself, and causing only harm to yourself." He stares into her tired violet eyes, "everyone is worried. Tell me what's going on in that head of yours, my love."

"People fear me," she mumbles, "I hear them whisper in the halls how I am a tyrant, and how I'm incapable of ruling a kingdom myself and how I have....everyone helping me do my duties. I don't feel like a Queen, I feel like I'm failing everyone." She mumbles to him, her chin quivers, "I thought I was ready, but I'm not."

"You are the Queen, you are powerful, beautiful, you have courage and determination in your blood. You are just like your Aemma, but you get your heart from Viserys. You have been born ready from the moment you opened your eyes, do not listen to such slander!" He says feeling angry at himself for not stopping the rumours, though he and the others haven't heard them, his wife has and they do it intentionally in front of her.

"Courage, powerful, determination." She scoffs, "that was an upfront I put on to save my family, and to take reigns on the matter of war. But really, I am a weak and pathetic person who depends on everyone to lead her, to guide her. I can't even go a day without being in a headspace always wanting everyone! I just feel so helpless, and I think everyone can see me getting weaker and weaker, and yesterdays events were on display for the guards to see." She says as tears now roll down her face, she's tried so hard to hide everything.