I

"Mother. I don't want to marry him." I whispered.

"Hush Charlotte. Sit up straight now." My mother said. She fixed my tiara on my head.

"Is your corset tightened?" She asked. We were right outside of the carriage. She turned me around and tightened my corset so tight. I felt my breasts becoming more noticeable and my waist becoming smaller. I winced.

"Shoulders back. Try to look pretty." She said. I nodded and stood up a little straighter.

Meeting Steve rogers. Well I wasn't meeting him. I knew him. He was in my brothers army.

I was meeting him to marry him.

I had to marry him. Both our parents orders.

With him being twenty two, and me being twenty, we were the ripe age for having lots of children, so my father said.

I couldn't breathe. My lungs were trapped.

I walked up the steps with my brother to meet Steve. His parents and himself were at the top.

"You excited?" Tony asked.

"No." I said blankly.

Tony shook Steve's hand as he got up, pulling him into a hug.

My parents got up and met up with Sarah and Joseph. I knew them from parties and other gatherings. Tony stood next to me while everyone talked.

"Lovely to see you again Maria."

"You as well Sarah."

Blah blah blah.

Steve saw me and smiled. He looked at our parents who were talking.

"Take a stroll with me princess?" Steve asked quietly. I nodded. I needed to get out.

He offered his arm, which I took immediately. Tony gave me a smile. I didn't give one back.

I grew up with Steve. He was my older brothers best friend, so I knew of him.

He led me out to his palace gardens. I sat down with him on a bench.

"You nervous?" He asked. I nodded my head lightly. He sighed.

"Don't be. This is going to be fine." He said.

He was very respectful.

"So when do we marry?" I asked.

He sighed. "Tomorrow night." He said.

I nodded and placed my hands in my lap. "Quick. I don't even know you that well."

"I know. I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Not our faults."

He rested back more on the bench. "Guess we should get to know each other." He said.

I smiled and played with my hands.

"You know me. You're my brothers friend." I said.

"Mmm I know of you." He whispered.

I sat up, still not being able to breathe right.

"You good?" He asked. I nodded.

"It just hurts to sit." I said.

"Why?" He asked, smiling.

"This stupid fucking corset." I whispered. He chuckled and stood up, helping me up with him.

"We will walk then." He said. I smiled and held his arm.

•••

The day had whipped past. And soon I was sitting in the chambers that were picked out for me for overnight.