XVI

Smut warning

Two months later

"Did you finish?" Steve asked as he looked down. I shook my head.

"It's fine. It's not your fault. It's alright." I said. My hands were on his chest.

"I can go another round if you want I mean I just-"

"No! No. I'm alright." I said. He pulled out.

Two months later, and I still wasn't pregnant. So Steve and I tried every night, and my tea was made and brought to me.

I sighed as he laid next to me. He kissed my cheek.

I hadn't finished, but my legs were shaking. I was so sore.

Steve moved to look at me. "Hey." He whispered. "Char. I'm here. It's alright."

I just stared. I didn't know how to feel.

I was numb. The past two months made me numb.

Everyday was the same. Get up, eat breakfast, work all day, maybe get dinner, drink too much wine to withstand sex, have anywhere up to three rounds, drink my tea, go to bed.

I hated it.

I was on the verge of breaking down.

"Hey." Steve said. He positioned his legs between me to look at me. The sheets were falling off of me, making me self conscious.

I set my hands on my tits, trying to pull the sheets up. I fumbled, making me shaky.

"Stop. We just had sex. Stop covering." He said.

"No I want my nightgown and I want to go to bed." I said. Steve grabbed my nightgown and grabbed his pants. He threw them on as I threw mine on.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm just tired." I said.

He sighed. I laid down and blew out my candle.

"No. You are not going to bottle this up Charlotte." Steve said as he got in bed with his notebook.

I stayed turned away from him. He turned me around as he sat back, starting on his newest drawing.

I moved up to watch as he drew.

He moved his free arm around me, rubbing my shoulder.

"I'm here beautiful. Talk to me."

I sighed and looked out in the distance.

"I don't know what's wrong I mean banner tested and I'm on the right track for pregnancy and we're trying I just don't understand." I whispered.

His fingers grazed over my body. I sighed.

"I'm just exhausted." I whispered. "And sore. And at this point I just want a break but we've almost been together for a year and I want to give you a child but-"

My voice cracked. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Steve just kissed my head.

"It's alright." He whispered. I wiped the tears that were already falling. "I'm so sorry. I want to stop too but.."

"No. It's okay. It's bound to happen. We have to just keep pushing and then we have nine months to relax." I said. He hummed I agreement.

"How about we take the day to ourselves tomorrow...sleep in. Just relax?"

I nodded. "I'd love that."

He kissed my head again. "I love you. I promise this will be over soon."

Just as Steve leaned down to kiss me again, the door to our room swung open.

Bucky ran out.

"Another kingdom is under attack..we need to go." Buck said before running out again.

Steve looked at me. "I love you. I'll be back probably very quickly." He said as he got up.

"Steve." I whispered. He sighed.

He came over and engulfed me in a hug. I kissed his shoulder.

"Stay safe. I love you. So much."

He sighed and held me as close as possible.

"Don't die." I whispered.

"Of course not."

He pulled away and kissed me, hard. His hand rested on my abdomen.

"I love you to the moon and back Junie."

I smiled. "I love you more."

"That's pretty far." He said.

"Count the stars while you're out there." I whispered. "I'll do the same."

He smiled. I loved him.

•••

Two weeks later.

Steve hadn't come back. He wrote me a letter though.

I knew he was okay. He was actually overseas in sokovia, as this was his last word before leaving.

I was sad that I couldn't let him know...that something finally clicked and I was pregnant.

It helped that Natasha was here. And she was five months pregnant, so she could help me.

I had only told Natasha and Sarah. Besides, I had a lot more to do with the king being gone.

I did paperwork, and lots of scheduling and meetings. I was doing really well.

I missed Steve. But knowing he was okay made me happy. He would probably be home before the month ended.

Sarah was doing better too. She would get more fresh air everyday.

Natasha walked into the kings office where I sat. She was showing now.

"Hi." I said.

She smiled and sat down.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you feeling?"

"Tired but I felt as though I should take a walk, so I came to visit."

"Awh." I said and smiled. "Would you have dinner with me?"

"Of course." She said.

Nat and I stuck together while our men were away. She was good with me. I looked up to her.

"You ready for when Steve comes back?" Nat asked.

I smiled. "Yes."

She hummed in agreement.

"When is Bucky going to pull out a ring?" I asked as I sipped on my tea.

She chuckled. "I don't know. I'm hoping soon. Especially because his child is on the way."

I smiled. God I loved Natasha. She was the sister I've never had.

"Well as your queen, you have my blessing." I said.

"Oh why thank you!" She said. We both laughed.