XVIII

"Come on Natasha. One more push love come on." I said. She gripped onto my hand.

"Nnngh." She choked out. One more push and banner was holding her baby.

"It's a girl." He whispered. She cried tears of joy as she heard that cry.

She looked at me. Bucky was helping to clean the baby up.

"I just had a baby." She whispered.

"Yeah you did." I beamed.

Bucky immediately brought the baby over. He laid her on his wife's chest. He was crying.

"Rose Charlotte Barnes." She whispered. I gave her a look.

"Are you serious?" I asked, tears in my eyes. She nodded.

I smiled and kissed Natasha's head. Bucky got Steve in the room.

Steve came up behind me and smiled, seeing the baby. I smiled up at Steve.

I was four months and more visibly starting to show. Pretty soon this would be me.

"She's beautiful Natasha. Looks just like her mother."

She had a little bit of red hair on her head. Natasha laughed. Bucky sat with her.

"We will leave you two with your new one." I whispered. I led Steve out.

I smiled at Steve as he shut the door.

"Did you hear the name?" I asked.

"No."

"Rose Charlotte Barnes." I whispered and smiled. He smiled back.

"Perfect." He said. "She's named after the best queen in all the land."

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"And pretty soon that will be us." I whispered. "Our little bundle will be here too."

He smiled and kissed me. "I have to get back to work. But I love you." He said on my lips.

"I love you too. I'm going to go with our mother on a walk. Will you be joining me for dinner?"

"Wouldn't miss it love." He said.

I smiled as he kissed me before leaving.

•••

Steve and I sat at dinner. It was quite quiet but it was alright.

Some days we were just quiet.

I sighed as I felt a little movement in my body. I looked up at Steve who had stopped chewing.

"I think the child is moving." I whispered.

I was at the mark where it would.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded and held my stomach.

"It's weird." I whispered. "Kind of like a butterfly."

He smiled. I looked up at him and chuckled.

"We made that." I whispered. He smiled.

"Just wait till it's born." He said.

"I'm so excited."

He nodded. "We need to find where the nursery will be. I would like to get some decorators in here."

"Well I think it should sleep in our room for the first few weeks."

He gave me a look.

"What?" I asked.

He gave me a smirk and took a bite of his potato. "I mean..."

"Steven you know I'm not allowed to have intercourse for at least six weeks after giving birth right? It needs to heal." I mumbled.

He chuckled. "Yeah yeah. The punishments I get for impregnating you."

"Hush." I said. He chuckled.

•••

I watched in the mirror as Steve braided my hair. He smiled as he tied it off.

"I love that you know how to braid." I whispered. He smiled.

"Well I learned from my mother. My bro- I used to do it to her." He said. His face changed.

"Steve." I whispered. He looked at me as he set his head on my shoulder.

"Mhm?"

"Tell me about Matthew."

His face changed to a straight one.

"How do you know his name?"

"Your mother and I run out of topics."

He stared at me. "She doesn't just talk about that." He said.

I sighed softly. "It was the day that you left for the first time. Before your father and my parents- anyways you had opened up to me and your mother could tell something was wrong so I told her about your breakdown and then she told me about Matthew. She told me about how much you loved him, and how that's what was stopping you from wanting a baby at first." I whispered.

"Oh." He said. "Matthew had nothing to do with it."

I nodded. He stood up and got into bed.

"Believe it or not, Matthew is in my past. My brother is dead and that is that."

"I'm sorry if I upset you. I can't imagine losing a sibling. I don't know what I would do without Tony." I said.

He stared at me as he grabbed his drawing pad.

"Sweetheart." I said softly. "I'm here to talk."

He glanced at me again. "There's nothing to say." He mumbled.

I sighed and sat on his side of the bed. I touched his cheek. He stared at me. His soft eyes were always so sweet.

"I love you. And I don't want you to feel like you have to keep anything from me. It's alright."

He sighed. I kissed his forehead. It was quiet.

"But if you don't want to talk, it's alright too. I won't push."

I got up and took my robe off, but Steve quickly got up and grabbed my hand. He pulled me close to him as I held my robe.

He sighed and stood there for a second.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm not mad at you." He said. He rested his forehead on mine.

I kissed him softly, making him melt.

He wrapped his arms around me. I smiled, kissing him a little deeper, before he ended up hitting my bump.

He broke the kiss and chuckled, seeing my baby bump. I kissed his cheek before he rested his forehead on mine again.

"I love you." He said.

I smiled. "I love you too."

He got on his knees, rubbing my stomach. I rolled my eyes, moving his air out of his face.

"I love you too baby." He said. I smiled.

"Get off the floor king." I whispered.

"Oh Charlotte June. I'll always kneel before you."