XIII

Smut warning.

Steve and I stood at the alter merely three days later. The alter not for our marriage, but to become king and queen.

I wasn't ready.

Steve held my hand as the kings crown got placed on him. And then the queens crown was placed on my head.

Sarah was putting them on us. She had stayed strong.

Steve smiled at his mother. I smiled at him.

"By the power invested in me, you are now king and queen of Brooklyn." Sarah said.

Everyone in the room clapped. Steve and I turned to look at everyone. He offered his arm, which I took.

I was a queen.

We had the throne.

Woah.

•••

Steve sat next to me at the table. All of the avengers and Steve's mother was with us.

Sarah was obviously distraught. I gave her warm smiles every little bit. Steve's hand was on mine under the table the entire time.

He leaned over to me after a bit.

"Would you be okay with trying tonight? It'll be relaxing I just- now that we're king and queen we actually really need a child." Steve whispered.

"Of course." I said as I gave his hand a little squeeze. He smiled.

I watched our friends and family talk. Steve's fathers funeral was yesterday. We're having my parents funeral here tomorrow.

I had to put up a very hard wall for my emotions. I had for the past three days.

Yes, I will miss my parents. They raised me. There were some great moments as a child. They loved Tony and gave me an amazing brother.

I felt bad for Steve too. I was also worried that at any moment something would happen to Sarah. She's so heartbroken. Joseph was the love of her life. Their marriage was formed off of actual love.

And I was queen now. Every single eye of Brooklyn, and the ones left of Manhattan would be on me. I didn't know how to feel.

But for now I would be here for everyone.

•••

I carefully removed my dress and got into bed. Steve was taking off his items.

I covered up a little, getting under the sheets. I didn't know why. He's seen me naked the most.

Steve came over, already naked. He pulled the sheets off, pumping himself.

I stared up at him. He had no emotion. This was purely to get me pregnant.

I thought getting pregnant was supposed to be a time of love.

"Do you have those herbs?" Steve asked as he entered me. I sucked in air, focusing on my heartbeat.

"Charlotte answer me." He said.

"Sorry. No. I used up the last of them...and my mother made them but there's a recipe I have so I will go...go look at the dried herbs....and make myself some-"

"-okay I got it." He said. "Could've just said no."

He was pounding into me. This was purely getting anger out. He was using me to get his emotions out.

He was using me.

I just closed my eyes. If he finished and went to bed it would be fine.

He grabbed the headboard, ramming into me more.

"Okay...it's not gonna get you anywhere quicker just slow down a tad."

"Charlotte for the love of god just keep your mouth shut." He said as he started biting my neck. Why was he biting me?

I breathed in deeply.

For a minute more he ruthlessly pounded into me, before filling me with his cum, and pulling out.

I needed to keep my wall up.

But god it was crumbling.

I quickly got up and put on my nightgown and underpants. I put a robe on and grabbed the little paper with the recipe for my tea.

I left the room. Breathe.

Ins and outs.

He's not mad at you. He's just taking everything out on you.

I moved to the pantry with the spices and dried herbs. I got all of my ingredients and went to boil some water. I silently made the tea before drinking it rather quickly.

There.

I walked back, praying Steve would end up being asleep. I walked in, he wasn't.

"Where's the tea?" He asked.

"I just drank it." I said.

"Are you lying?"

"Why would I lie Steve? I'm the one that needs to be pregnant and I want to get it over with just as much as you."

He sighed as I sat down in bed.

"Can one have intercourse again after taking the tea?"

I blew out the candle beside me.

"I'm tired Steve. I have my parents funeral tomorrow."

"Oh please. You don't care about them. You haven't even mourned." He said.

I shot out of bed. I couldn't take it.

"I do care about them- I did. Please do not tell me what I do and do not like in life." I said. I took more deep breaths.

Steve looked at me.

"Why would you care about the people that have done nothing good for your life?" He asked sternly. I moved outside. I needed air. If I broke down I wouldn't stop.

"Charlotte!" Steve yelled. I couldn't answer.

"I need to go see Nat." I said.

"It is late princess."

"I'm a queen now." I whispered as I left.