Chapter 14

Nyx kept true to her promise of staying away from Hydrus. She was met with curious eyes as she walked down the halls of Hogwarts in the first two weeks of classes.

Everyone asked what they were and what the promises were. Nyx lied about the promises, not wanting everyone to know that her and Hydrus were drunk and agreed to be each others first and only relationship.

After a few weeks, the curious looks disappeared as everyone moved onto better things.

Nyx breathed a sigh of relief as she focussed on her remaining first year courses and two second year courses.

After a few weeks, she sat in the library. Each day, she would play with the bracelets, wondering if there was a way to break the vow without dying.

There was only one book that talked about the spell. It explained the incantation and the serious side effect if the promises were broken.

The book made no mention of breaking the vow without dying and she sighed, closing the book quickly.

She sighed, looking at the two red bracelets as the light danced around them.

The red glowed in the sunlight, small specks moving around inside the small bracelets.

She smiled, running a finger over them before looking up.

"Nyx, you and Hydrus are in trouble," Calypso huffed as she stopped in front of her table in the library.

"What do you mean we're in trouble?" She asked, looking at the bracelets again, "does it have to do with these?"

Calypso nodded, "the amorentia potion."

"The who?" Nyx asked, looking at Calypso.

"Amorentia!"

"Sounds pretty," Nyx said, unsure what it was, "but what does that have to do with Hydrus and I?"

Calypso shook her head, "I forget that you are not in my year. It's a very strong love potion."

"Well that doesn't sound good," Nyx started, before Calypso continued.

"Charlotte gave it to Hydrus and now he's trying to find her to ask her to be his girlfriend," she said, taking a deep breathe, "So far, Abe and Noah have been able to keep him locked in his room but we're not sure how long that'll work before he tries something stupid," Calypso rambled quickly.

Nyx felt her heart drop at her words. If Hydrus asked her out, both of them could die. Their vows would be broken and she felt a cold sweep over her.

"Let's go," Nyx said slowly, getting up and grabbing Calypso's hand.

Her hand shook as she held Calypso's, looking at the bracelets that hugged her forearm.

"Maybe I can go see Hydrus and you can go with Noah to find Charlotte?" Nyx said, raking through her brain trying to come up with a plan.

"Why do we need to find Charlotte?" Calypso asked as she stumbled down the stairs to the Slytherin common room.

"Because she might try to get to him," Nyx said slowly but scrunching her eyebrows in confusion, "but if he does ask her out, he dies too. Why would she want that?"

Calypso shrugged, "maybe she thinks it'll only affect you," she said slowly as they knocked on the door to the Slytherin common room.

"I just don't think Charlotte would try to kill me to get to him," Nyx breathed, wiping her hair away from her eyes.

Calypso huffed in annoyance as she knocked again, mumbling that Charlotte probably wasn't thinking straight.

Abe opened the door quickly, ushering them both inside. Sweat was running down his forehead as he pointed down the hallway.