Chapter 3 - The guy with the tongue piercing

6:45 p.m - The heart of Tokyo -
In front of the maid cafe.
..
It was a busy Sunday afternoon. The players had just finished practice and separated ways in the crowded city of Tokyo. There was a huge game coming up soon so, the pressure was on. Observing the crowd of players, with their gym shorts and knee pads on, made Tadashi think of his own school days. Come to think of it, it wasn't that bad. The only good thing being his final year when he became captain of his team. It really put a great responsibility on him & had a huge effect on his life too. Kind of influenced him for good.

The bad thing however, he grew apart from his best friend. The only ever person he was close with really. It sucked, pissed him off. Because he couldn't be there for Tadashi when he was at his best.
He never understood why or what he ever did wrong. And just when he was finally learning to forget about him, this.

God, he just needed a break.

Tadashi spaced out for a bit until he got startled by a large group of loud teenagers walking in.

Thankfully, he was able to carry himself well and quickly greeted them. ( To which he was quite easily ignored )

Tall, sweaty, exhausted & definitely frustated. They looked around his age. These guys did not want to be messed with. The curious boy observed from the corner of his eye. White jersey with orange and blue accents..
The DESEO Hornets. Predators of the court.

The name stood for itself. Aggressive and unpredictable, but always stuck together.
They were one of the few teams playing tomorrow.
..

..
"I can't believe that Sendai asshole got away with it! " The guy with the undercut whined. Tadashi immediately looked up, over the counter, the familiar tone that caught his attention.

He instantly recognized that golden yellow hair with black buzzed cut on the sides. He had an exceptional athletic build that stood out & was known by his tongue piercing.

..

He folded his arms around his neck in bitterness. "Man, I would have totally beat that fucker up! What a wimp."
..
"Well, technically, they have beaten us like three times in a row already.. so." Kazuma mumbled.

Terushima clicked his tongue in annoyance, " So what!? This time is victory. I can feel it." He grumbled, "But it should've been in front of that bastard." ..

"Don't mind now." Rintaro voiced. "Let's strive for success. We still have tomorrow's match." The whole team preached.
..

Tadashi cleared his throat. Kind of hoping that it would give them a hint to order up or find a table. However, quickly regretted it once he found himself aquiring some unwanted attention.
"Can i help you guys find a table?" Tadashi tried to cover for it with the neatest smile on his face.

He didn't get a reply. But he did get vigorously stared at from head to toe, especially from the undercut guy.
Needless to say, it was a good day to thank the lords that he wasn't in uniform that day.

" Hey.. You look kind of familiar " Izaka spoke.
" Wait, aren't you that captain of Karasuno? " Rintaro asked. " The one with the killer pinch serves "   ..

Tadashi smiled. He was debating whether  to deny or admit but decided to just go along with it.

" Yamaguchi Tadashi. The spear of Karasuno. " Terushima addressed. " We heard a lot about you ever since you became captain."
"It's a shame that our teams couldn't play together much" He smirked.

Kazuma looked around. " This place is kinda wack. Do you work here everyday?"  "What are you doing later? Down for drinks?" Izaka suggested with a smirk on his face. "Are we allowed to ask the maids out or not?" The other ones joined in adding fuel to the fire.