Chapter 9 - Your sweet lies

..

"Are you ever gonna give that a break?" The blonde, overly annoyed, sat next to the freckled boy who was completely fixated in the pages of the old diary, once owned by 12 year old Tsukishima.
..
"It's too entertaining"

He read every line, every paragraph, one page after the other. He would occasionally throw in a laugh or two but would eventually stop after earning a death glare from Kei.

The blonde was slightly miffed by the fact that all of Tadashi's attention was stolen away from him by that goddamn ancient ass diary. He even kind of had plans for the two tonight. Certainly not anymore.

"Looking at these, i can't decide if you were a nerd or a straight up bully during middle school." Yamaguchi snickered at his best friend.

"Yeah, very funny. Cut it out or i won't hesitate to take it away from you." Tsukishima replied back sternly, promise in his tone which would cause Tadashi to shut his mouth up right away.

Kei glanced over at his best friend who was flipping through the pages as if looking for something, biting down on the nail of his thumb occasionally.

.. "Something on your mind?" Tsukishima asked the boy in a gentler, more compassionate tone.

Tadashi responded by shaking his head. "It's nothing. I was just wondering why so many written pages on this diary have been torn off." .. Yamaguchi said, flipping through the pages as he showed him the marks of the torn paper which gave the idea that it had been quite violently pulled apart previously.
..
"See?"
Tsukishima shrugged, clearly not interested in any of this right now.

"Tsukki, can you at least try to remember what happened to it?" Tadashi turned towards the latter next to him who was slouched up on the bed, bored and aloof.

"It's been years, i don't think I help you." ..

Yamaguchi sighed in defeat, as he silently gazed over the diary rested on his thighs. "Do you wanna at least look at it together?" Tadashi smiled gently, with a cheerful persuasive look on his face.

Kei heavily sighed, eventually giving in as he adjusted himself next to the green-haired boy

.. "You won't regret it, trust me." Tadashi chuckled, resting his head against Tsukishima's shoulder as he continued showing the brief little letters and monologues to the blonde, mostly which talked about their daily childhood instances. They reminisced about their good old days, feeling the nostalgia soak up within them.

..

It didn't take long until the freckled boy was sound asleep in the arms of his childhood best friend. Tsukishima stared at Tadashi's face as he dared not to move. So peaceful.. so restful.. Who could ever dare to bring a frown upon a face like that?

At this point, Tsukishima felt dedicated and responsible for this boy. He felt like he was ready to do almost anything for him, whether it was sacrifice or compromise. The gentle caress of Kei's hand swooped a lock of hair away from Tadashi's face, where his freckles gleamed like constellations and his cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.

What are you doing to me?

..

4 a.m - The next morning

Tadashi opened his eyes, disturbed by the sole discomfort of his body. He felt himself lean against a larger body as he quickly blushed when he realized, letting go with a quick gasp. Tsukishima had spent the whole night in that same upright position, unwilling to wake Yamaguchi up. He still had his glasses on too.