Orphanage

SLAM

I was left on the floor bleeding, crying, bruised and alone.

Mr lotta, the owner of the orphanage, hated me. For 2 reasons, I'm too old to get adopted and I'm a lesbian. I'm 13 so it's hard for me to get adopted, most couples or single parents want young children not teenagers. Mr Lotta was the only adult in my life, I got to the orphanage at 2 years old. I was forced to trust him but he broke that trust years ago. Specifically on the day I came out to him. He never looked at me or treated me the same after that.

I've accepted the fact I won't be adopted and will be in this prison until I'm 18, but everyday is becoming harder because of Mr Lotta. He hates that he can't get rid of me so I became his errand boy. Whatever he needed or didn't want to do was my job, but I somehow in his eyes would do it wrong. So he would partake in his favourite activity and beat me.

He had a smile on his face every time. He would use his hand or fist, he'd use a belt once he used a baseball bat. I had gone to the hospital that day for broken ribs. He never used the bat again, he couldn't risk another trip there in case someone got suspicious. My entire body is covered with black and purple bruises. Especially my back and face. He'd whip my back and punch my face the most. My stomach was also harmed as he would kick me once I dropped from the pain.

Since he never let me leave the orphanage and hid me away whenever people came to see the children, I never could tell anyone what he would do. But sometimes I would get beaten because I'm protecting the other children from him. When he gets angry he will attack anyone so I try and make sure the children are safe, they are too young and innocent to be treated the way I am. I do my best to look after the kids, they'll get a better life away from here and hopefully won't remember their time here.

That's what happened today, Mr Lotta got mad at one of the children because they dropped a cup. It didn't break, but that didn't matter to him. Luckily I was near and saw the whole thing, the kid was 4 and Mr Lotta was gonna strike him with a belt. I couldn't let that happen so I stood between them.

"Don't touch him dickhead" the power and sternness in my voice was not what I truly felt. I was terrified of him, but I was the only protection for these kids.

"Y/n always wanting punishments" he grabbed my arm pulling me away "you never learn do you?! You stupid girl" he opened the basement door and threw me in, causing me to fall down the stairs, hitting my head on the concrete floor.

Mr Lotta closed the door and started making his way to me with that smile plastered across his face.

"This will teach you!"

Before I could react I was grabbed by my hair and punched in my face then my stomach. He threw me down kicking me in my stomach.

"Stand up!" I obeyed. He whipped me. Again and again and again and again.

I was so close to falling but I couldn't. I turned to face him.

"You're lucky I'm not in the mood or this would have ended differently!" With that he stumbled back upstairs and out the door locking it. Leaving me bleeding, crying, bruised and alone.

This was everyday of my life. I stopped hoping it would change because it never worked. But I still hold onto that little bit of hope but it's slowly dying.

I am worried that one day I may die here.