Opening up & shutting down

"Y/n it's time to get up" I felt Scarlett nudging me gently. I groaned as I slowly sat up. I yawned while rubbing my eye. Wait. Shit. Don't rub.

"Morning sweetie. Sorry about waking you so early but we gotta get to work remember?" I'm really excited but also really nervous. I've watched these people on tv so many times, they are my hero's I'm scared of making a fool of myself.

"I remember" I turn to face Scarlett and she looks at me like she's examining me.

My eye.

"Okay imma go get ready real quick" I quickly ran to my bathroom locking the door.

"Okay honey. See you downstairs" I heard Scarlett leave.

Taking a look in the mirror, I saw how I smudged the makeup badly. But it's saveable. I tried to evenly spread whatever makeup I had left on my eye but it wasn't looking good. It's not extremely noticeable but if Scarlett keeps staring she'll notice. She can't know yet.

I brushed my hair then left the bathroom. I looked through the clothes and picked black jeans, a white shirt, which will go unseen, and a blue hoodie. After I got dressed I made my way downstairs to meet Scarlett.

"You look great y/n, I made a light breakfast today"

"Thanks m-Scarlett" shit almost slipped again. At least I saved it better this time.

Scarlett didn't seem to notice and started eating. I followed.

Once we finished eating, I made sure I didn't get up to put the dishes away. I saw Scarlett's smile and I felt proud of myself.

"Let's go honey" Scarlett picked up her purse and we left.

The ride was peaceful, the radio was playing faintly but it was background noise I was in my thoughts.

She's so nice. She's different. How long will I stay with her? Where would I go after? Does she want me gone?

Scarlett's hand on my thigh made me flinch hard. I felt tears building up. She quickly moved her hand.

"Hey it's okay I'm sorry you're okay. Breathe for me sweetie, nice and slow" I nodded and followed what she said. Soon I had calmed down.

"I-I'm sorry" I couldn't look at her.

"Hey it's okay. I'm sorry for touching your thigh, I know not to next time" she spoke softly. I nodded. She's so nice.

"I just wanted to let you know that we're here and if you're okay"

"I'm okay just a little nervous" she held my hand and give it a squeeze.

"I'll be there the whole time and if you ever feel uncomfortable or want to go then you can sit in my trailer or we can go home okay?" She'd just leave work for me?

"Thank you m-Scarlett" oh for fuck sake. I need to control that.

We walked to her trailer first so she could put her purse away and let me know where it was. Then we went to set, I saw the directors and some other producers. Then a bunch of the marvel cast appeared. Okay anxiety is definitely rising.

"Scar!" I relaxed a little hearing a familiar voice.

"Hey Lizzie" I was standing a little behind Scarlett to kind of hide myself.

"Omg y/n hey I'm glad you're here" I stepped next to Scarlett so I could talk to Lizzie better. She was already in her scarlet witch outfit. I loved that outfit.

"Hey Lizzie, yeah I didn't want Scarlett to miss work because of me so she invited me to come" I felt Scarlett put her arm around me, it made me smile.