Chapter Seven - I'm all yours

Dawn's POV

It started downpouring, and Nova started running.

"WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?!"

"MY MAKEUP ISN'T WATERPROOF!"

I laughed and ran after her, the way her dress flowed behind her as she ran in the rain made her look like a princess. My princess.

We made it back to her house, and she slammed the door shut behind us. We burst out laughing.

"That was one eventful night!"

"Yeah it was, so what now?"

"I'm all yours." She held my hand and looked into my eyes smiling.

Just then the front door opened, Lei walked in with Kyle behind her.

"Why'd you guys leave us? And where's James?" She asked, her hair soaking wet and Kyle's jacket around her shoulders.

"He betrayed me, it's a long story but we're not friends with him anymore." Nova explained.

"We're gonna go upstairs and change," She grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs, I looked back at Lei and offered her a soft smile. She looked at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Lei's POV

I looked at Dawn as she and Nova went upstairs, and sighed.

"I don't get it." I sat on the kitchen counter and felt Kyle's gaze on me.

"What?"

"We met Nova and now all of a sudden it's like I'm being replaced, it's like Dawn doesn't want to talk to me anymore."

"Maybe she's just trying to spend time with Nova before you guys have to head back to Indiana, they seem like close friends now."

"I guess so,"

"Don't worry about it, she'll talk to you soon." He smiled at me, and I sighed.

"I guess you're right." I smiled back.

Dawn's POV

We got to Nova's room and shut the door behind us, and I groaned as I realized the rest of my clean clothes were at Lara's house.

"I gotta go to my aunt's I've got no clothes to wear except for this wet dress."

"No you're not!"

"It's not a long walk she just lives down the street!"

"No, you're either staying here or I'm walking with you. Do you have any idea how many men would follow you at this time of night? You could get hurt!"

"Fine I'll stay."

"Good. Wear this, I'm gonna go shower." She threw a black hoodie and sweatpants at me and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I got changed quickly and headed downstairs to get a drink. I saw Lei leaning on the counter drinking a soda, and felt her gaze on me as I opened the fridge.

"Hey uh, Kyle's gonna take me to his place so I can get my clothes and we can hang out, you wanna come?"

I opened a bottle of water and sat on the counter.

"Why are your clothes at his place?"

"Uh they're not- I just gave him my hoodie the other day and it's still at his place so I'm gonna go get it."

"But your hoodies wouldn't fit him, he's too big for them."

She choked and spit out her drink as I said that phrase, and I looked at her confused. But then realization hit me. Oh. OH.

"Wait did you... never mind."

"I wanted to talk to you about it, but you're always with Nova now. We're still friends right?"

"Of course, nothing will change our friendship."

"That's a relief," She sighed.

"I thought you were mad at me."

"No, I wasn't don't worry."

I thought for a moment.

"Lei, you realize we have to go back to Indiana soon right? And you gave Kyle something you'll never get back, you might not even see him again after summer."

She looked down and sighed.

"I know, but it's okay. It was my decision."

I heard an engine outside and a horn beeping.

"Oh Kyle's here, I'm gonna go now." She smiled and hugged me, then opened the door.

"Wait,"

"Yeah?"

"I know you trust Kyle but just be careful, okay?"

"I will, don't worry." She smiled and walked out the door.

I sighed as I heard them drive away. I thought back to what I said.

We'll have to leave soon. That means leaving Nova behind.

I don't want to leave, I don't want to forget her. My life finally feels complete with her in it. What if I never see her again, just like I said to Lei about Kyle?

I decided not to think too much and headed upstairs to Nova's room.