Chapter Fourteen - All I Wanted Was You

I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my luggage, running to the front of the plane.

"DAWN WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"

I chuckled. "Anywhere but home." I looked back at her, smiling with tears in my eyes as I turned and ran off the plane.

My curls blew in my face as I ran back to the gate, gasping for air, looking for any sight of Nova. I ran through the airport, looking everywhere. I managed to catch a glimpse of her lavender hair and ran towards her.

"NOVA!"

She turned around, shock taking over her features as she realized I stood before her.

"You're gonna miss your flight!"

"Honey, I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying."

"Wait, what?"

"I want to stay here and be with you, and pursue my passions here with you by my side."

"But what abo-" I cut her off and smashed my lips into hers, kissing her passionately. She took the little breath I had left out of my lungs, the smell of her apple spice perfume and taste of her lips taking over my senses. We pulled away, and I saw Lara standing with her mouth agape.

"You're staying?" She asked, to which I nodded.

"And you guys are more than friends?"

I nodded again.

"I- I don't know what to say, I'm so happy you're staying but I didn't expect this."

Oh no.

She must've seen the fear in my face, because she pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I support you, no matter what."

It was such a relief to have someone other than Lei know about us. About me.

I sighed of relief in her embrace, and mumbled a quiet "Thank you."

She said nothing, instead she hugged me tighter once more before letting go.

"How about some pizza and rollerblading to celebrate?"

"YES!!" Nova exclaimed, to which I giggled.

We headed back to Lara's house to get our Rollerblades, and as we pulled in I saw Kyle standing on the doorstep.

I walked up to him, prepared to tell him Lei left to Indiana.

"Kyle if want to talk to Lei, you should've said goodbye at the airport because she just left."

"That's not why I'm here..."

"Okay? Then spit it out!"

"James is dead."

What?