Chapter 21

Marissa

My mind was running about a thousand miles per hour.

My show was tonight and I didn't feel settled.

Not until I settle things with Kiara.

I already called her over and was waiting on her to arrive.

When I heard the knock at the door, I opened it immediately and let her come in.

I was pacing the floor as she stood there staring at me.

"Hey what's up, is everything okay?"

There was a moment of silence before I started speaking.

"I have known you for a very long time. I need you to explain why you outed my love life to my brother of all people?"

The smile fell from her face immediately.

"You ruined everything for their friendship, and you allowed Marcus to humiliate me because you decided to be a bitch and talk about someone's business you know nothing about. I never even told you we were together in the first place."

She opened her mouth to speak and then she closed it.

"Your brother deserved to know..."

I slapped her across the face before she could get the remaining words out.

She held her cheek in shock at my rash actions.

"You have no idea what you've done. When word gets out about what happened..." I trailed off not completing my sentence.

If Jeremy's father ever finds out, which he will. He'll think I'm still in a relationship with his son and he'll cut him off, which is what I've been trying to avoid from happening.

"Maybe I did purposely sabotage you, but I did it because I love you. I've loved you and you wouldn't give me the time of day," she said.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Is it so hard to believe that I love you? I don't want to be your friend Marissa."

"Jeremy was in the way," she continued.

"I don't like girls so that's fucking crazy that you would think..."

Her lips were on mine before I could blink.

I pushed her off of me immediately.

"Get the hell out of here! I never want to see your conniving ass again."

She left immediately giving my mind just a moment to wonder what the hell was going on in my life.

I had it coming today because Marcus comes home half an hour later.

I approached him as he hung his coat in the closet by the door.

I pushed him as hard as I could.