Chapter 25

Marissa

Flashback - January of senior year

Marcus sunk the black ball into the hole as he won the third round of pool.

We were at the country club passing time as we had accompanied our grandfather here.

On the weekends, our grandparents would invite Marcus and I over to their house.

We would accompany them on excursions, dinners, business meetings and most times we would be here with them at the country club.

Due to this, we rubbed shoulders with some of the most prestigious families in the country, one of them being the Albrecht's.

The Albrecht's were my grandfather's long time friends and business partners.

That's how I met Dashiell.

It's becoming unhealthy at this point that I keep liking the rich boys. The ones in the same circles that were born with this wealth that my grandparents had to work twice as hard to achieve.

Dash was apart of the pool game my brother was playing.

Every few seconds he would look over at me then look away when I was looking.

I got up from the chair I was sitting on and walked out to the porch to watch the girls that were playing tennis.

Soon after Dash joined me on the porch and sat beside me.

"Hey."

"Hey," I replied.

"You play?" He asked referring to the tennis we were watching.

I chuckled, "I've tried but it's not for me."

He smiled at me before looking away.

"Are you afraid of me or something? You keep looking at me and then looking away."

My question made him turn to look at me.

"Maybe just a little." He joked.

I watched him carefully trying to figure him out. I didn't know what to expect from him.

"What do you want from me? You've been watching me for months now, I've noticed."

He sighed nervously before looking away from me again.

"I look forward to seeing you here every week. I often wonder what it would be like knowing you on a deeper level."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise before smiling appreciatively. 

"Is that so? Tell me more," I encouraged him.

He grinned , "What about you?"

My eyes bored at him. "What about you?" I repeated confused.

He chuckled, "What do you think about me?" He asked.

I pursed my lips thoughtfully, "I honestly don't know what to make of you."

We shared a long stare for a while before we went back to watching the game before us.