★CHAPTER 9 ★

winter

・❥・
It was winter time in Derry, the kids were on a Christmas break. "Say, Ed's would you like to stay over for the Christmas break, im sure my parents won't mind. They like you anyways." Richie asked, "Sure!" Eddie said keeping his eyes on a notebook scribbling something, "what are ya doin'?" Richie said smirking, leaning side ways trying to see what Eddie was doing. Eddie quickly shut the notebook and blushed slightly. "Aw, being secretive now are we Ed's?" Richie joked. "Fuck off" Eddie said smiling under his breath. The two walked in silence until they've reached Richie's house, "oh I forgot my stuff!" Eddie exclaimed. "Don't sweat it, you can have mine." Richie smiled, Eddie didn't really care about germs, he was with his best friend and that's all that mattered to him. Plus the other losers were out of town to visit some family. "Momma, we're home!" Richie yelled as his mom came in and watched them take off a butt ton of clothes. "It's pretty cold out huh?" She giggled. Eddie looked at Richie's cheeks and saw that they were red. "Goodness Rich, didn't know you were blushing so much!" He joked. Richie quickly shot up at him and crawled to the bathroom as he couldn't take off his other shoe. "Aha!" He laughed crawling back. His mother just started at him confused. "Well boy's me and your dad are going out for dinner so, behave and don't do anything stupid." She said as she shot Richie a look. "Aight momma!" He said as he hugged her goodbye. She closed the doors and Eddie got back to helping Richie take his shoe off. "Jesus who tied this!" He said as he grunts under his breath. "I did" Richie poured his lips. Eddie giggled and pulled the shoe off. "Woah, you're quite strong Ed's huh?" Richie giggled. "Yeah, guess so." Eddie said as he took off his jacket. Under he had a sweater that said "Tozier" no context? I'll give you, as Richie sighed in relief when Eddie pulled his shoe off he took his jacket off and has a sweater on that said "Kaspbrak" the two of them giggled as the swapped the sweaters they had made for each other. It was on accident actually, "we can swap them you know?" Eddie chuckled as he washed his hands. "Nah I'm good, now I can go around saying I'm your mom's husband" Richie smirked. Eddie smiled and splashed some water drops onto Richie before drying his hands. "Haha very funny, Ed's." Richie said sarcastically, to wich Eddie just snorted and walked out of the bathroom. Eddie sat down on the couch waiting for Richie to wash his hands, he just cuddled up to the sweater as of it smelled like Richie, not to mention it was Richie's. That made him shiver a bit, in a good way of course. The feeling...it's always there when I'm around him. Eddie thought to him self immediately being cut off by Richie sitting down. "Are you alright?" Eddie asked. Richie just shook his head, "what's wrong chee?" Eddie said sitting up. He always called Richie, "Chee" when he was trying to comfort him or make him feel safe, Richie confessed that it helped him calm down and feel better a lot. And from then on Eddie just continued using the nickname. "I uh." Richie said adjusting his glasses. "I'm kinda cold." He said looking down, "but, uh, are you?" He asked looking at Eddie, Eddie nodded lightly. "Ouf, okay well I have this blanket that's mainly for winter and all but uh, I only have one." Richie sighed adjusting his glasses again. "Can't we share?" Eddie asked, "Oh! Uhm, yes- I mean of course, sure! I was hoping you'd say that!" Richie laughed akwardly and went upstairs to get the blanket. God, Eddie liked Richie, no....he loved Richie. He knew that most, well a lot of people wouldn't approve of it but. He was hoping that one day, one day. He and Richie would live a happy life. Together.
"I made it myself" Richie said proudly as he ran down holding the blanket. The blanket was blue and yellow, wich for some reason made them both really happy. "Scoot over" Richie smiled. "I uh-" Eddie panicked. "No I mean like scoot over, a bit more up make yourself comfortable you know?" Richie said, "oh alright!" Eddie replied. Eddie pulled himself a bit up, and made himself comfortable enough. Richie without hesitation, plopped in between Eddie's legs and placed his head down onto his chest. He then pulled the blanket over them and closed his eyes. Everyone knew how close they are so this shouldn't be a big deal.....right?, Eddie thought to himself. "Hey, Ed's?" Richie said. "What's up?" Eddie said trying not to sound nervous. "Why, do you call me Chee? I mean I know I told you it makes me feel better but, I dunno..I just wanna know where did that even come from?" He asked. "Well..You know how your name is Richie. When you say it, it sounds like you said "Ri-chee" so I thought It would make a good nickname, plus it's our little thing you know? I mean think about it, You call me Ed's 99% of the time but sometimes you call me 'Eddie-Spaghetti' and it's like a nickname only you use on me, and since quiet a lot of people call you Richie. And yes I know your actual name is Richard, I wanted to have a new nickname, so that's why I call you 'Rich' or 'Chee' " Eddie said playing with Richie's black, medium curls. He really liked how they looked on him. And hey, Richie really liked Eddie's curls, they were little but he liked em'. Richie just laid there in silence. Eddie could feel a smile on Richie's face pressed up against his chest. "Cool." Richie said under his breath. "Cool."Eddie smiled back.

(1008 words, no it's not a byler reference, it's a hunger games reference)