★CHAPTER 14 ★

kiss.
(This chapter contains mentions of the f slur.)

(And just to explain a bit I know a specific song was made in 2017 but for the sake of the story pretend it was made in 1991)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V
Eddie and Richie were doing their homework in Richie's room. Rock music was playing gently in the background. "Rich, do you know the answer to the 4th question?" Eddie asked looking down at Richie, who was on the floor. "Mhm, here let me help you." He said standing up placing his math book next to Eddie's ,leaning on to the table with his hand. "It's 27 times 98." Richie replied. "Do we have to calculate that too?" Eddie asked writing the answer down. "No this whole calculation process is the answer." Richie noded. "Alright, thanks!" Eddie said returning to his work. Richie smiled and went back to the floor. As minutes went on, songs on the radio changed. Soon some quiet disturbing songs came on. "Shit" Richie whispered under his breath as he stood up trying to change the radio fast. "Richie are you okay?" Eddie asked startled by his best friend cursing the radio. 'I hide in the closet but I'm not a faggot~' the song was cut off by Richie turning it off. Richie was begging to everything dead and alive that Eddie didn't remember what he said about the music he listens to....

"So what's with the songs Richie?" Eddie asks. "Well , Ed's. I'm glad you asked, you see I only listen to music I can relate to because it makes it more fun for my brain when I listen to it!" Richie smiled. "Seriously..." Eddie looked at him as 'Eddie my love' played in the back. Richie hugged his stomach and giggled.

"Richie, uhm...you can talk to me you know?" Eddie said. "I'm...you remember don't you." Richie sighed looking down. "Yeah," Eddie said sitting down on the floor next to Eddie. Eddie leaned his head onto Richie's shoulder, Richie leaned his head back. "I'm being over dramatic aren't I?" Richie giggled. "Maybe, but I just want you to know that, well not matter how you feel or who you love I'll be here for you, alright?" Eddie confessed. "Wouldn't that ruin your high school reputation, I mean being seen with the town's faggot, I don't think so." Richie smiled shaking his head slightly. "So then it'll be like that, I'm your best friend, why would I let your own personal thing or my reputation ruin that." Eddie said. "I dunno, my mom told me there was a queer in her collage too and he got beaten up once, and my mom knew his friend, she got beaten up too." Richie started, "I don't want you to get hurt because of me." Richie finished. Eddie's gaze softened and he let out a small breath. "Well, incase you didn't know-" Eddie started. "I have left-" he said shoving his left fist in air, "and I have right." He said doing the same with the right fist. "And I also own a gun." He said calmly. "Woah what, Ed's Kaspbrak? A gun? Unbelievable, I'll believe it when I see it!" Richie said giggling. "God have you ever even called me 'Eddie'" Eddie asked smiling. "Yeah once, but I was talking to Bill not you, well I was more of arguing." He said smiling nervously. "Ah, I see.. well, what now?" Eddie asked. "I dunno, I'm already done with my homework, you?" Richie asked. "Me too." Eddie replied. "Say you don't adjust your glasses a lot lately, do they finally fit?" Eddie said taking Richie's glasses off. "Yeah, they were slightly big like a few years back so." Richie said rubbing his eyes. Eddie placed Richie's glasses back onto his face. "Did you clean them." Richie smiled feeling Eddie's hands brush against his cheeks. "Yeah, Did your skin get softer." Eddie asks. "Yeah! I also have freckles eh?" Richie says pointing at some of them. Eddie leans a bit closer. "Aha, yeah!" He exclaims. "Richie.." Eddie starts as a question. "yes?" He says, feeling his heart beat faster. "can I uhm..can I k.." he starts but slowly starts breathing heavily, he takes his inhaler from his fannypack and puffs a breath. "You okay?" Richie asks. Eddie nods holding his breath in, and then after a few seconds letting it out. "Can I kiss you." Eddie says looking Richie in his eyes. "Wh-" Richie starts but was cut off by Eddie panicking. "I shouldn't have asked that right, oh god, please don't hate me I just..I don't know what came over me, and and I asked that and now you're probably never going to talk to me again because I'm some weirdo who asked his best friend to kiss him, honestly sometimes I'm really a pathetic fa-" Eddie was cut off by Richie placing a soft kiss on his lips. Eddie was in shock for a second but he then closed his eyes and kissed back. The two boys were quickly interrupted by Beverly barging in, making the both of them fall back. "Oh my god, am I interrupting a fucking make-out sesh or something!?" Bev asked looking down at the two. "Jesus Beverly, do you know how to knock." Richie said sitting up leaning back on his hands. "My head hurts, " Eddie responds. Richie sighs and gets up. "Just knock next time Bev." Richie said as he pushed Beverly in closing the door behind her. "You alright?" Richie asked Eddie, pulling him up. "Could be better." He nods sitting down on Richie's bed. "Well what the fuck did I walk into." Bev said still standing frozen in shock. "It's not important Bev." Richie said standing above Eddie checking his head for any signs of blood. "You sure, because it looked like you 2 got busy!" Bev exclaimed. "Sure, you can see it as whatever you wanna see it as Bevvy." Richie said laughing under his breath. Eddie sat there feeling his heart beat fast , oh my god did he just kiss his best friend, were they even best friends or a couple...what is wrong with him, god he can't even think correctly he might faint!. "I feel dizzy." Eddie said softly. "You did hit your head pretty bad. " Richie sighed. "I have some bandages in my bag if it helps?" Bev said, "yes that would be wonderful " Richie said as he took the bandage from Beverly's hand. He placed the bandage onto Eddie's scar and kissed his forehead. "God I love gay people." Beverly sighed laying down on Richie's bed. Richie turned around from his desk and gave her a look.

(Yes I'm talking about THAT one Finn Wolfhard look.)

(1126 words)