★CHAPTER 17 ★

Promise
THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Eddie was walking down the street kicking the rock as Richie walks besides him. "Richie I hate Derry." He states. "Shit talk about it." Richie scoffs. "Richie do you...do you think we're the only queer kids in derry.." he asks stopping in his track making Richie stop too. "Well I mean we could be but..you never know, I mean one of the teachers could be queer and we wouldn't know!"Richie laughed trying to lighten up the mood. Eddie giggle silently. "Could we go to your house, I'm kinda cold." He asks. Richie nodded and started walking towards his house, Eddie following right by. "Welcome to me home Spaghetti man!!" Richie bowed. "I've been here more then any of the other losers Richie, I know for a fact you just stuffed the trash in the closet to make it look clean." Eddie giggled as he placed his backpack down next to the door. "Ah Spaghetti man you're wrong, I've actually cleaned my room..."he said mumbling something at the end of the sentence. "My apologies, well I'm proud of you! It really looks nice." Eddie smiled flopping down on Richie's bed. "Thanks, do you umm wanna do something?" Richie asks as he goes through stuff in his closet. "Like?" Eddie asks. "Well we could read comics, watch some TV, or we could just talk?" Richie said as he closed his closet and sat down. "Could we watch some TV" Eddie asks sitting up. Richie nods and grabs Eddie's hand as the boys run downstairs. "My parents are out of town...again, well my mom's probably going to be home by midnight but if we fall asleep she won't bother us." Richie says as he cuts up some fruits. Richie hands Eddie the bowl as he sits down. "Thank you" Eddie says softly and quietly. Richie puts on a horror movie and they both get comfortable. After the movie was over the two boys went up to Richie's room.
"Rich?" Eddie asks, "What's up Spaghetti?" Richie smiles sitting down at his table. Eddie sat down on his bed continuing the conversation without giving a care about the nickname. "Have you given in your collage applications." To that question Richie flinched. "Richie." Eddie's tone changed. "I did..." he said with a sad tone. "And? Mine already came back so your's also did correct?" Eddie asks. "Mhm." Richie hums not taking his eyes off his table. "Well?!" Eddie says standing up and walking over to Richie. Richie sighs and opens a drawer taking his letter out. Eddie takes the letter and reads it. As he started reading it his smile got smaller and smaller to the point he was ready to cry. "Richie we..." he started, putting an arm over his mouth. He places the letter down and cries. "I'm sorry Eddie.." he says as he sits next to Eddie and hugs him tight. Richie did get accepted. Just not in the collage he wanted to be accepted in. Meaning him and Eddie won't be going to collage together. "There's only a week left before we all leave Richie." Eddie said taking a puff from his inhaler. "I know but, Eddie...I promise you, we will reunite once again." He smiles softly. Eddie smiles back and wipes his tears away. "We'll make the most of it, okay?." Richie says kissing Eddie's forehead lightly. Eddie nods and they both drift off to sleep.

(575 words, sorry for the short chapter)