4

KJ's pov

Me and Mac walked back to the other shuttle and told Erin and Tiff everything about the fold. We got our stuff together and soon it was time to leave. We said goodbye to the short time trip and prepared to forget everything about our future.

"Okay," Tiff began after reading a part of the manual inside their ship, "so this book clarifies what happens to our memories." We all listened in. "We're gonna remember time traveling for a bit, and the people briefly, but over the course of the first ten minutes we will forget the old watch, in an hour the people and our future selves, and in three, all our memories of the time traveling."

"What about our memories made during this thing?" I asked.

"It's not super clear," she flipped around a few pages "but I think what's gonna happen is- aha!- So what's gonna happen is we will still have our memories, but they'll be changed to being memories in the present, but all recollections of traveling that have to do with them will cease to exist."

"Geez that's more complex than rocket science." Erin huffed.

"I kinda wish I could remember Dylan not being a shitface." Mac said.

"Yea, I'm glad I don't have to remember old Erin dying." Erin added.

"I'm happy I got to see my future self, but I wish I could always know I got into MIT." Tiff said.

"KJ?" Erin asked.

"Well, I'm happy I won't need to watch people die, or have a memory of it." I said quietly.

"Damn Kaje." Mac said astonished. 

"I also wish I could know that I didn't turn out the way my mom wanted." I added hastily.

"Oh, guys it time to go." Tiff reminded us.

"Let's role." Mac cheered.

We got in the shuttle and Tiff write something on a scrap piece of paper. "It isn't the time to do your fucking algebra homework Tiff!" Mac spat.

"Mac, I'm writing down something to see if we remember. Chill."

*

We were back in stony stream. I clutched my hockey stick and walked out of the shuttle, following Mac who went first. 

"I think we're home." Tiff said.

"Hell day right?" I asked.

"Yep. See the eggs on the walls?" Erin said.

"What time is it?" A tired Mac grumbled.

"3am. We can be home in time for the paper route." Tiff said "and also. My paper says do we remember time traveling?"

"What the fuck? That's kinda crazy... I think we traveled but I remember nothing of the people. It's like we were the only ones there...must've feels a fever dream or drugs or something." Mac joked.

"You were defiantly the high one." I mumbled. Mac heard it and made a fist

*

I got home and saw all the lights were off, the paper delivery truck was going to be coming soon so I snuck in through the back door and went up to my room. I put my new hockey stick next to my wooden chest of drawers, where oddly enough, my old one was in perfect condition lying there. I lied on my bed, happy I finally got to sleep peacefully. I knew I had gone on an adventure, but I didn't process.....

Mac's pov

I had to walk all the way home since my bike was still at my miserable house. I got in through my bedroom window and went to bed, waking up at fuck you o'clock in the morning (as usual) I went outside, grabbed my papers, put on my jacket, stole Dylan's Walkman, and left.