~15~

*At Dinner*

I finished applying my make up and walked downstairs. I could already hear voices and murmurs. But once I got to the bottom, everyone stopped. I smiled and walked over to where my dad was. "Hi, Mr. And Mrs. Wilkinson." I shook their hands firmly like I was thought and turned my attention to Sam... Who had a smirk on his face, "Hi, Samuel." I lightly shook his hand and walked back to my dad.

"Should we start eating?" They all agreed, and I helped my dad with the plates.

••

I sat down and started eating. "So, Ariana?" I heard Mrs. Wilkinson, so I looked up at her while I drank my water. "How's school?" I looked at my dad, scared. She didn't know I went to online school. Sam told me her family doesn't do that type of thing. They go to public school. And a college. Not online college.

"Umm," I play around with my food and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Mom, she does school online." I glared at Sam and looked back at his mother. She stopped chewing and swallowed her food.

"Oh really?" She wipes the corners of her mouth and raises and eyebrow. "I thought you went to Sam's school." she then looked at Sam who was half smiling. "He told me you did."

"I don't. I do online because I work at my own pace, and I have a lot of extra curricular activities outside of school."

"And that would be?"

"I dance."

"Dance what? It's not like the type of dances that Miley Cyrus does, right." she puts her firsts on the table and leans forward, a little bit.

"Of course not. I do ballet, a lot more educated and calmer. I for sure wouldn't want to shake my behind on anything." I sound too damn fancy. Well that's just how I was thought to talk. I have very precise language when it comes to dinners with other people. But, when I'm with my dad I can talk like a normal person. And, when I'm with my friends, I hardly ever use bad words or anything like that, I can talk a little more teenagy.

"Couldn't you have done that while being in public school, sweetie?" Mr. Wilkinson looks at his wife as if he's telling her to just shut up and not make a big deal out of it.

"Ma'am, I know I am a very educated person, I have well manners and everything. I was raised by a very wealthy father. I just don't like the type of tone you are talking to me with. I would suggest you to please use a calmer voice at the dinner table," she looks shocked for a moment, "thank you."

After that awkward moment we went back to eating. "Ariana, take Sam to your room since both of you are done." I picked up my plate and walked to the kitchen, Sam following me.

After that I walked up to my room. I don't want to talk to Sam. And, I'm not. He's just going to have to live with it.