Chapter 3: Collapse

"DAN WAKE UP WAKE UP!!"

Dan was startled, she stood up fast and almost fell right back over. Everyone had their weapons out, Dan shook out her head and looked ahead. Down the tunnel, a figure with a straw hat was walking toward them. They were slowly walking, Dan saw a large scythe being dragged behind them, she kind of panicked. She didn't know Mayonaka's power, but she was tired of running.

"IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!"

"It's Mayonaka, get your weapons ready!"

Dan summoned her hammer, letting the heavy block of iron fall forward. She saw Goro arm him arms with metal, and Kit's long sword had a distinct glow in it. Mayonaka stood before them, a strange wind blew Naka's outfit to the side making him feel more ominous.

"Dan. You know I'm here for you, I have orders."

"You don't have to take orders from Willy Naka."

"It's not about following those orders, it's about serving the one in power. I've done it for years, it's what I'm made for."

"Listen Naka! It's me! Goro!! We're not in the colony anymore! Let go of your past self!"

Naka lifted his scythe.

"Rot away."

Naka slammed his blade into the ground, vines grew all around them. The room became a forest quickly, Dan lost sight of Naka in the thick forest. He saw him to the side with fire in his hand, he tossed balls of fire into the forest until the whole thing started to burn down with them in it. They regrouped, and Naka stood in front of them again.

"Yeah cool tricks! Now let's get this over with!"

Promise swung his shovel, Naka stepped back and grabbed Promise by the throat. He was thrown away into the flames, Dan panicked and stepped back. Kit and Goro started to battle Goro, the metal clanging and elements reacting together. Dan found a spell that involved water and quickly put the book away. She put her hammer upside down and picked it back up, slamming it into the ground.

"TORRENT!!"

Water emerged from the ground, the fires were quickly put out and Dan saw promise on the ground to the side. She saw he was fine so she joined the fight, they hadn't landed a singe blow on him. They backed up to Dan, and Naka smirked.

"Good riddance."

Naka put his scythe in the ground and churned electricity in his hands, it's sound got more violent and high pitched. The group backed up as Naka separated his hands which now surged with lightning, he laughed as he rushed forward. Dan looked to her right, and Naka already had a fist right in Goro's face. To her left, Kit had already been downed. And then she herself was sent back with them, Naka laughed at them.

"You cannot even defeat me! How dare you even threaten Williams reign?"

"HEY! I'm not down yet!"

Promise stood in front of Naka guarding the fallen comrades, blood dripping from his forehead.

"Show me what you can do young one, i will not be bested by a child."

They both rushed forward, the two blades clashed sending sparks in the air. Promise sent back Naka, and he quickly summoned fire to infuse with his shovel. He smacked the ground with the blunt end creating a small volcano, Naka came rushing in and Promise smiled. He took the bait! As Naka swung his scythe, Promise grabbed the middle of his shovel and uppercutted Naka in the chin. The flame infusion caused pillars of fire to shoot up, and the volcano underneath shot up Naka like a Geyser.