𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚠 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

The feeling was always different. The emptyness that gripped on her chest and left her lying on the floor.

It curled around her heart and made her eyes close. Sometimes she felt the worst part once the high was over.

The world falling apart around her and crushing everything around it. It almost was addictive if she ignored the worst parts.

The dark parts. She wished she could just ignore the bad parts. It would make her life easier. It would make everyones lives easier.

The red water stared at her as she wrang out the old rag. "I wouldn't consider that very sterile." She rolled her eyes as she dumped it down the drain.

"Not now Val." She croaked wrapping her stomach with bandages. Getting up from the toilet she didn't bother looking in the mirror.

As soon as she got to her bed she fell against it passing out. The high was amazing. The side effects not so much.

Just as she laid down her alarm went off. Tiredly hitting the metal box she groaned and got up.

"Going at this rate will lead to an early death." She threw off her tank putting on her old yellow button down and black skirt.

"Val quiet." She grumbled as she yanked up her tights and threw on her old grey flats. Glancing in the mirror she ran her fingers through her hair.

Taking a hair tye from her wrist she tied her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her bag. Rushing out of the door she grabbed her phone from the side table.

Low battery.

Sighing she slipped it in her shoulder bag and turned a corner the warm light of the diner she worker at glowing on the street.

The neon bulbs looked like they were barley old even though it had been there for so long. She took out the diner keys and unlocked the doors.

Taking a deep breath she walked through beginning her opening routine. It was always the same.

Never changing. The peace in the morning had been the only thing she could rely on the past days.

"Goodmorning Peter." She greeted setting down his usual coffee. "Number fifty-" "Fifty four extra bananas extra bacon with a chocolate shake."

He smiled. "Somtimes I wanna order something new you know." She only rolled her eyes with a playful smile before walking off.

It was always the same. Nothing ever changed. "Do you ever think loverboy will sing your songs back to you."

Lacey teased as Lin rolled her eyes putting in Peter's order. "Do you ever work? Or are you just here to tease me?"

The blonde only grinned before disappearing off into the kitchen. Of course Lin had a small crush on the brunette.

Who wouldn't? He was kind and tipped well. Thats all she could really ask for these days. As she got his order on a tray she hit the sharp edge of the metal corner.

Wincing she quickly recovered before going over to his table."You alright?" He asked catching her off guard.

"Yeah it's just a sharp counter."