𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜

She never believed the the whole soulmate mumbo jumbo. At least that's what she said when she looked at the Scars scattered around her body.

They looked like she had fought. Only her mother had a hand print on her stomach which was white when she died.

Her fathers. What a great way to die because of your soulmate. She chose to let ignorance flood her when the subject came up.

So when she pulled up her sleeves before mopping and Peter saw them she played her part well.

"Got a clumsy streak again?" For anyone else it would seem impersonal. But Peter had been there on repeat since high school.

So they knew each other well enough for her not to move away uncomfortably. "Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me."

She said as she mopped. He nodded not prying as she packed up his laptop."You should be more careful."

He said standing. She only rolled her eyes with a playful smile."If it weren't you I would think you were being sarcastic."

He chuckled as he left the bell ringing at his exit. When she had finished mopping and picked up her tip a card fell out.

Her lips tipped up as she read his handwriting.

Take care of yourself.

He had bugged her for so long to be careful and the 50 with the note made her smile.

When he had gotten accepted for his internship senior year she had celebrated it with him. However be asked her to come with him.

She had helped him with the calculations and corrected his answers, he thought it would be unfair if she helped.

Only no one was more stubborn than the black haired girl. So eventually he stopped asking. Only to start back up again after she commented on a formula he wrote.

Tucking the card in her apron along with the tip she went to close up the diner."He finally ask you out?"

Sunny asked. Lin looked at the cook who always seemed to mother her."Nope." She answered before going to close out.

Sunny only smiled before leaving. After an hour of closing she was on the way back to her apartment.

Her rickety apartment barely stood against the other newer buildings. Everyone always tried to clean up Queens but gave up some time.

As she tredged up the stairs and to her apartment she was much slower. Unlocking the door throwing her keys on the side table and kicking her shoes off she groaned.

Bringing up her foot to her hands she looked at the red skin on her heel hissing as she touched it making her hop on the other leg.

Letting go of it she winced as she stood and untied her apron. Tossing it on the back of her couch she followed suit passing out on the couch.

"Reporting an alien sighting on Newland street, can someone call the avengers?" She loudly groaned into her pillow knowing it was going to be a long night.