𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛

She was at the cusp of the best part of the movie, the part where the main character either fucks up or pushes through.

Only she always was a fuck up. What's one more? Bucky stood in the field. A black long sleeve and cargo pants.

He hadn't changed. He came straight out. "I understand why." She replied the sudden urge to cough pushing up her throat.

She let it out before grabbing her inhaler."They care about you, a lot." All she wanted to do was roll her eyes.

Of course they did, who wouldn't when she seemed like she was gonna die all of the time?"They do."

For once she wished she stayed at her small apartment and the waitressing job. She wouldn't have to worry about this.

Worry about her powers reactivating from stress. Not even the symptoms plauging her as she sat in a field filled with pollen filled flowers.

"I know how it feels, like your intruding. Not meant to be here." Her ears perked up."There's a certain way you shy away that makes me think that's not the only reason."

She could hear his boots crush the grass under his feet as he walked closer finding a spot to sit next to her.

"Tell me about it." Her lack of speaking made her realize this was not him asking. He wanted to know. He needed to know.

In that exact moment she felt powerless. Like the force next to her pushed the words out. Made her speak even when she didn't want too.

"My mom died when I was seven, my father killed her.....then my uncle took me in." Her chest heaved up and down in remembrance.

"He was nice at first."

"I'm happy to finally meet you Elinor."

"But it was all a act, to get the social worker to sign the papers."

"She'll be in great care."

"His unit needed a new Test dummy and he knew I was perfect."

"This is base, you'll go to school here."

"Meek."

"Don't worry they just want your blood sample just in case you get hurt."

"Quiet."

"They think your sick, don't worry they'll fix you right up and you can go back to school."

"Weak.."

"Dont even try fighting back it won't work out."

"They tested on me for years and I kept quiet thinking they were curing me. They were just making my Asthma worse."

"She's gonna need to heal faster her body can't keep up with the lung scarring."

"Eventually they scrapped me, I was 14. My uncle died fighting against imaginary soldiers in Irac and I had no Where to go."

"Release forms, it'll get you started."

"I signed my voice away and said I wouldn't talk about it if they gave me enough money for college, and they moved me into a home."

-

The talk seemed to help, but in hindsight maybe sitting in a field of flowers wasn't the best thing to do for her asthma.

-