𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙲𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑

The feeling that welled in her chest reminded her of a highschool crush. It was harsh and overwhelming, but it was temporary.

Crushes didn't last forever, but God she found herself drowning in the sweet feeling that coursed through her when she saw them.

At first it was just Peter the feeling making her palms sweaty and her heart go a mile a minute. Then Steve.

Slowly names built up in her heart making her a stuttering blushing mess no matter which Avenger she looked at.

Of course, it was gradual. Steve bringing her a small bouquet of Daisy's for her vanity. Then Tony with small gifts and trinkets.

Even Bruce seemed to grow on her. Remembering her favorite coffee and getting her a mug to match his.

It was like they were integrating her into their family. Wanda began to cook with her dancing to music and talking about the week.

Natasha would flirt and join in with dancing in the kitchen while Clint seemed to annoy her purposely.

Only it made her heart go fast when he asked about what she did and stole bites of food at dinner.

She even caught Thor multiple times on coffee runs where he stopped her on the way to working out to talk.

The most stubborn however was Bucky Buchanan Barnes. He was still stiff around her occasionally prying into what she was doing.

This just distracted her as she didn't notice her things slowly popping up in her room and around the compound.

Tony and Peter had snuck off to her apartment and got her things boxed off slipping in her items in the passing days.

She leaned against the balcony that loomed over the back of the compound as Steve sipped his coffee.

She found herself there every morning to catch him in a conversation even if it was only thirty minutes.

He listened and spoke when she needed him too and it seemed to tether her to him when it came to one problem.

"It takes time for him to open it Lin, don't take it personally he's still got open wounds from his past. Maybe ask him to spar he's always liked a challenge."

Steve said with a wink before retreating back into the compound. Elinore lingered at the balcony the weather not leaving a bite in her skin.

No one but Steve Bucky and her ever got up early unless it was for a mission. She wished she could sleep in.

Terribly enough her brain was wired so badly she couldn't. It was near impossible. Her sweats pooled at her ankles a baggy Tee swollowing her figure as she leaned against the rail.

Sometimes she felt her mind swirl with questions she couldn't understand, but she knew exactly what she wanted now.

To be friends with big grumbly man. She pushed off the rail and headed inside not exactly sure what she was gonna do.

She knew about one thing she could do, but how the hell would she then bring it up? Oh he was gonna eat her alive.