𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

It smelled like a mix of candles and steel. The compound. It was large andq gated. Isolated. It was a challenge getting there.

The subway then a Taxi. She was sure her wallet didn't approve. Walking through the doors after scanning her card she marveled at the building.

It was large and reminded her of the old army bases she used to live in. Navigating was easy based on the directions Peter gave her.

Only she may have gotten side tracked. Her body fit into the curved doorway just perfectly enough for her to peer in without being noticed.

Or so she thought. Natasha and Bucky circled each other while Thor and Steve did weights. Then Wanda and Clint ran on the tread mills.

Only she didn't know them by their names only the hero personas they went by. "Well look at that someone's gotten dragged back just like their no good uncle."

She looked at the tall shield agent."You have no right to talk about him." She bit out causing the man to scoff.

"What about a dishonorable soldier I think I have every right." He said rolling his eyes."He only got discharged for saving shield."

She said her voice no longer hushed."What? Can't accept where you come from a no good-" She sniffled as he stopped.

"Thats no way to talk to a Lady." She looked up at the voice. Captain America of course. The agent scrambled away down the hall.

Elinore looked down wiping her tears."I'm sure your Uncle was an admirable soldier." She looked up trying to salvage her makeup.

"He was, thank you...I actually never caught your name." He smiled."Steve Rodgers." She smiled as he reached out shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Steve Rodgers, sorry about the interruption but I have to get going." He nodded."Of course don't keep them waiting."

She gave him one last smile before rushing down the hallway. "Well aren't you smitten." Bucky commented leaning against the ring.

Steve only shook his head with a smile as he retreated back into the Gym. Ignorant to the panicked girl leaning against the wall.

She wasn't supposed to touch any of them. She wasn't supposed to even talk to them. Now it was the time she knew this wouldn't work.

She couldn't hide forever. Even if she got Peter not to say anything. It would be impossible to hide.

This made the rest of the walk to the lab grating. Every step was closer and closer to her own undoing.

Oh God. When she reached the lab she felt something hot and sharp cut across her stomach. "Fuck me." She hissed out as she leaned against the outside wall.

Of course. Wonderful timing. Now it was either get patched up in the lab and reveal herself or bleed out in the hall.

For once she wished she had a minute more to decide. Because as fast as it happened she ended up against the cold stone floor.

Just her luck.