Chapter Eighteen

The sound of light rain washes over me as I stand looking over my parents newly-dug grave. The dirt slowly turns into mud as the water seeps into the ground. My face is wet from the rain, but not from tears. I've cried so much before this that there is nothing left for me to cry. The people that knew my parents slowly start leaving as the rain starts to become a down pour. I remember the funeral so vividly, no one really cared enough to stay. But as I go through it now, as my adult self, I notice that they never cared to begin with. They were only there because I was a child. If I were to have been older, would anyone have come? I tilt my head up to the sky, letting the rain wash down my face. My hair and clothes are drenched, but I don't feel cold. I feel nothing. I tilt my head back down and look out accord Gotham Cemetery. My gaze falls upon a black car that is parked far away. I squint to look better through the rain. Next to the car stands a boy with an umbrella. He couldn't have been older than 7-8 years old. I call out to the boy, but the boy just stands there, starring. I try to call out again, but the sudden pressure on my throat cause me to cough. My hands go to my neck, feeling another pair of hands tightly gripping my neck. I start to panic, tears fall from my eyes from the pain. I try to call out to the boy for help, but he doesn't answer. Instead, he turns and gets into the car, driving away. I'm left there with the man choking me, pulling my life force away. He pushes me to the ground, his face hard to make out through the falling rain. I grit my teeth as I fight him, trying to pull his hands off of me. There's no point, he's too strong. 'You should've died too!' The man yells, crushing my throat harder. Just as I think I'm about to die, the man's hands disappear from my neck as he is thrown off of me. I cough uncontrollably as I try to sit up. I manage to raise myself up on my elbows and look at the man who save me. Right as I'm about to see a face, I wake up.
I gasp awake, coughing. I sit up and put my right hand to my chest, trying to control my breathing. I look around, trying to remember where I am. I make out shadowed figures of my furniture of my house through the darkness. I grab my phone from the table and check the time. 10:37.
     "Damn, I must've fallen asleep." I say as I stand up. I turn on the lamp next to me on the side table and let out a scream when I see someone standing in the corner.
     "Oh my god, don't do that!" I groan, my heart slowing back down once I realize who it is.
     "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Batman says as he takes a step towards me. I run my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath.
     "It's alright. I'm just a bit jumpy." I say, giving him a smile. Awkwardness fills the air as we stand in silence. I look around as he continues to stare at me. After a few more seconds, I give in.
     "Okay, what?" I ask him.
     "What?"
     "You're staring, why?" I move towards him, closing the distance between us. He doesn't say anything, just watches me as I come closer. I stop a foot or two away from him.
     "Well?" I ask again. He keeps his eyes on mine as he takes a breath in.
     "You were having a nightmare." He states. I blink. 'Was he...watching me sleep?'
     "And? Nightmares happen all the time." I say, fiddling with my fingers. His hand moves to hold my face, lifting it slightly to look at him.
     "Not like that they don't." He says. His thumb rubs my cheek and I start to blush. 'Holy shit, is Batman being...sweet?' My eyes widen as I look into his. Those deep blue eyes staring back into mine. Something about them is so familiar to me, but I just can't place it. My eyes fall to his lips. Thoughts of him kissing me flow through my mind and body. 'God just kiss me already!'
As if he could read my thoughts, Batman leans down slowly and brushes his lips to mine. Chills run through me as my body starts to ache for more. I reach up and put my arms around his neck, pulling him into me. Our lips meet deeper and a soft moan escapes my lips. His hands run down to my waist and pull my towards him, making me want more. I slip my tongue through my lips then through his, and he accepts. His tongue swirls around mine, sealing our kiss. His hands run down my waist to my hips, then around to my ass. He grips my ass and lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist as he sits down on the couch.
My legs straddle him as we kiss. His hands move from my ass to under my shirt. He runs his fingers up my spine, making my shiver. A small chuckle escapes his lips from my reaction. His hands move to the front of my chest. He takes one of my breasts in his hands and squeezes gently as he moves his kisses down my neck. I gasp from his touch. I haven't felt a sensation like this in a while. I start to feel tingly in my stomach and wetness form between my legs. He bites and sucks on my collarbone, sending chills through me. My body starts to react, causing me to start grinding his crotch. I start to feel his length bulge under his clothing, slowly getting rock hard. Another moan escapes my lips as he starts to kiss down my chest. He grabs my shirt in both of his hands and rips it down the middle. I gasp and watch as he tosses it aside. Without missing a beat, he goes back to my chest, pulling my bra down to expose my breasts. I blush and look away as he looks at them.
      "God, you're beautiful." He whispers before bringing his mouth down to my nipple. A small help escapes my lips and my hand flies up to my mouth. I bite the side to keep my moans in. I hear him groan before he reaches up and grabs my hand, then the other. He puts them both behind my back and holds my wrists with one hand. He uses his other hand to pull me towards him as he takes me nipple back into his mouth. I bite my lip, but moans and gasps still escape them. Between my thighs feel drenched and dripping as I move my hips to rub against his bulge.
He groans and pulls away. He grabs me by my hips and lifts me up, standing. He carries me up to my bedroom, kicking the door shut behind him. He tosses me down on the bed and climbs over me, leaning down to kiss my lips. My legs are spread open, causing him to fit between them. He starts to kiss down my body again, this time continuing past my breasts and down my stomach. He stops at the waistline of my leggings. He goes to pull them down but my hand catches his.
     "Stop." I sit up quickly. He looks up at me and moves his hands off of my waist band. I sigh and bring my knees up to my chest.
     "I'm sorry...I just think it's better that we...don't." I say, avoiding his eyes. He grabs my chin and forces me to look at him.
     "You have nothing to be sorry for. I shouldn't have gone that far, I'm sorry." He says softly. I close my eyes and shaking my head.
     "It's not your fault. I just...I don't want to get my hopes up with you."
     "What do you mean?" He asks me. I look down before answering.
     "You're Batman. You're just a guy hiding in a mask. And...I'll never get to know who is behind it. Because you're here to keep Gotham safe." I smile softly. Tears fight behind my eyes. He nods before standing up straight.
     "I understand." He says. He walks over to my dresser and opens a drawer, pulling out a shirt. He comes back and hands me the shirt. I put it on and stand up. I smile up at him and stand up on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. He holds me in his arms as we do. I pull away after a few seconds but he doesn't let me go. I smile.
     "I hope that one day I'll be able to know who my mystery lover was." I tell him. He smiles back and raises one of my hands to his mouth. He gives it a gentle kiss before pulling away, leaving me upstairs in my room alone. I hear the door close and drop to my knees, letting the tears fall.
     "God, why am I like this?" I ask myself, wiping away my tears.
     "This is stupid, you should've known that nothing could've come from this. He can't tell you his identity." I feel anger towards myself as I stand up and head to my bathroom. I turn the sink faucet on and splash my face a few times with cold water. I turn the faucet off and look up into the mirror. My face is red and my cheeks are puffy from crying. I sigh and walk back to my bed, plopping down on it. I lay down and curl on my side, pulling the blanket up over my body.
     "Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today." I tell myself as I try to fall asleep.