[ CHAPTER 7 ]

[ WARNING !!! NSFW AT THE END ] 

There was an awkward silence until I finally spoke up with a shaky voice.

"Bob, why... why did you do that?" I clenched tightly onto the steering wheel hoping for a good answer. 'Fuck, I'm even waiting for a good response... the hell is wrong with me.'

He laughed, "Because I ain't never had a secret admirer before doll."

I gave a confused look towards the road.

"Not... even during school?" I regretted my words.

He laughed, "Indeed."

It was a short answer, almost like he didn't want to answer at all. I could understand why, though I couldn't relate to him, at least not fully. Lots of people asked me out but I always declined. Even when I did try, it didn't last long. It all seemed like a chore or a job that I dreaded going to.

I let out a tired sigh, "You're lucky..." I blurted out and Bob looked at me.

"Got ya heart hurt huh?" He said with a smile. But I knew it was genuine.

"More like I hurt everyone around me. I just... I don't... Ughhh... I don't get feelings and emotions, at least not as everyone does. It's just... it's hard." I said while putting my hand on my forehead like I was trying to get rid of a headache.

I couldn't believe I let that out, I never told anyone that. I couldn't believe the first person I told was a goddamn serial killer.

He laughed again, "I've only ever seen ya confused, angry, or embarrassed cuz' of me!"

I couldn't even say he was wrong, I just groaned in annoyance while pulling up to the driveway. Bob just stared at me, he knew I was tired. "How about I get all them bags for ya and you just relax?"

I put my hand on my forehead, "I couldn't let you do that all by yourself."

He shrugged, "I get to show ya how strong I can be darlin'." He said playfully.

I rolled my eyes in response but nodded. We both got out of the car. I walked to the porch and watched him while leaning on the porch beam. He picked up all the bags of food with ease and walked inside.

'Jesus.' I thought, in awe of his strength. "Listen, I'll put it all away. You can just hang out, alright?" I said pulling out some food from the bag.

"Nah, I'll help ya." He said grabbing some food out from the bag as well.

"Hmm... fine, you're in charge of the frozen food and I'm in charge of the dry foods, got it?"

I pointed him to the bags of frozen food. He didn't reply but went right to work.

'Huh, I guess it's nice having someone around. A bit weird though.' I thought to myself as a smile crept on my face.

It's been a while since I smiled in a happy manner, I almost didn't even notice I did it in the first place.

After putting most of the food away, Bob looked into one of the bags with a puzzled look.

"What's this, darlin'?" He said pulling out a muzzle.

'I almost forgot that was there...'

I shook my head and replied nervously. "Well, um, you see, it's just in case you try to hurt me. I still can't trust you, heh. B-but with this one you can talk! So it shouldn't be so uncomfortable and restraining like the last one. I tried to make it comfortable for you." I twiddled with my hands.