[ CHAPTER 8 ]

October 12th, 11:30 am; the late morning sun crept through the window.

I opened my eyes, feeling warm and comfortable.

'What time is it...' I tried moving but simply couldn't, not even an inch. "Huh?..." I looked down to see Bob's big arms wrapped around me pulling me closer to him. He was cuddling me and suddenly all the memories of last night came back to life.

'Shit... what did I do?' I regretted my animalistic feelings last night. Having... that with a patient, I knew it was wrong, illegal even. I sighed in a stressed manner, it was even illegal that he was here. 'What if the police found out and they lost respect for me? What if...'

During my overthinking, Bob started to wake up with a tired groan and placed his chin, or rather muzzle, on my shoulder. His hair was so very messy from last night.

'Haa... Mornin' dolly." His voice was even raspier than before, more deep and tired. I tried to hide my blushing face.

"Um, M-morning. Can you–"

"Let ya go? Let my pretty ol' peach go?" He said in a mocking manner, laughing tiredly.

I growled in response, "Please... let me go. I'm hungryyy..." I whined.

He smiled and sat up bringing me with him. "Whatever ya say!" He laid my stomach on his shoulder hoisting me up.

I gasped in surprise, "Wait wait wait! I'm not even dressed yet!" I flailed my arms around.

He patted my back, "I ain't dressed either darlin'." He said, opening the door and walking to the kitchen, setting me on the counter.

I crossed my arms, "At least you got boxers." He shrugged in response.

I couldn't look him in the eyes, he gently grabbed my thigh and smiled. He seemed to really like it when I was naked. He turned toward the stove and started it up. I inched away on the counter, staring at the stove.

"It ain't for ya. Don't worry." He chuckled, grabbing eggs out of the fridge.

I sighed in relief, 'The hell is that apron...' I looked around. 'There it was,' I grabbed it and put it on. 'At least something to cover me up.' I slid off the counter. I ruffled my hair around and yawned looking at Bob in his boxers, starting to cook. "You know, I don't usually eat breakfast..."

He turned toward me smiling largely, "Ya need more fat for when we have those long nights." He laughed.

"T-That's only because you're–" I stopped myself before I said 'big' knowing it would come out the wrong way.

"Cuz' I'm what? Big? Hm~?" He turned completely around holding onto a spatula, so damn proud of himself for catching me in the moment.

"Oh, don't be so proud of yourself!" I growled in anger while he just laughed going back to frying the eggs and putting toast into the toaster. 'No meat? I literally bought a ham for him...' I placed my hand on my cheek looking at him. "What happened to Mr. meat-lover?"

He stayed quiet for a bit, "I was makin' food for you." He grabbed a plate and put the eggs on it, some salt and pepper, and finally an avocado with toast placing it on the bar.

I stared at him and then at the plate with a puzzled look. He quietly turned around grabbed meat from out of the fridge and started to make his own breakfast. He started to hum some kind of country song.

'He... He did that for... me?' I sat down on the stool and stabbed the egg with the fork biting into it. 'Fuck it's good too.' I dug right into the plate.

Bob sat down next to me with ham, bacon, and sausage. I thought for a second, 'I never made myself breakfast nor did anyone else, even when I was a kid...' I thought back to those horrible memories. 'Forgetful, unloving, abusive parents... No helping little shi-'

"Why are you so quiet over there?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a big smile.

"What?" I looked up at him, a tear running down my face, and his eyes went big. "Aw, man... Why am I crying?... I-I didn't even not- '' 

He patted my head and brushed his hand through my messy hair pulling it out of my face. His face wasn't smiling anymore, in fact, it was upside down. It was unusual, almost unfaithful to his face like it was never meant to be. But, here it was and it was directed to you. Your small tears turning to waterfalls, he patted your back. It seemed like he didn't know what to do, but he was doing the best he could. I hugged him, pushing my crying face into his chest. He at first didn't hug back but soon enough hugged me and then placed me on his lap while he kept eating his food. I sniffled after my sudden breakdown.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I looked up at him, small tears still running down my face.

He patted my head, "Breath in."

I took a few deep breaths finally calming myself. "Ha..." I sighed.

"Can't believe you fuckin' overpowered me and now you like dis'." He palmed his face, laughing.

"I can still fucking do it you know," I said annoyed, and clenched my fists.

"I ain't sayin' you can't. At least ya showing me more emotions." He looked down at me smiling. It was warm but still uncanny.

"Aren't I the therapist here?" I looked at him confused but angry.

He smiled, "Therapists have problems too." He quoted me.

"Jesus Christ... can't believe you fucking quoted me..." My face turned a bit sour.

He just kept his smile, "Why is ya cryin'? I didn't scare ya, did I?"

He looked down at me with a confused face.

I took a deep breath in, "I never really... had anyone to cook breakfast for me. Not even my parents did so..." I shrugged a bit. "I'm not sure why it made me cry. I'm not the one for crying."

He shrugged, I kinda already knew he was going to reply with that. But it still gave me comfort. I don't need people to give me this whole paragraph of advice when I'm already a therapist. So it was nice that he didn't say anything back. But my pride was still hurt and I cried in front of him... he must think I'm weak now.

I sighed, hopping off his lap. "I'm going to go get changed for the day. I have some errands to do. Could you please just stay inside and out of sight?" I yelled now from my bedroom.

"Sure." He yelled back.

For today, it really seemed like the comfort style was going to be in.

"Oh, this might work." I put on a comfy white shirt, tan sweatpants, and a puffer white jacket. I walked downstairs, "Okay bob, I'm off. Please, for the love of god don't go outside yeah?" I whined while grabbing my car keys and heading for the door.

He nodded his head and waved slightly. I sighed then waved back in response walking out the door and into my car. That overwhelming feeling of being watched came over me while I locked the door. 

'Maybe I'm just paranoid...' I thought to myself as turned on the car and backed out of my driveway. 

But looking back now, I should've never left that damn house. 

A/N - Oh my, who's watching you now?