[ CHAPTER 6 ]

Time skip an hour or two later.

"Hey for your good behavior, I'll get you some candy. What do you say?" I said helping him put away the food in the back of my car.

His mouth drooled and his stomach growled thinking about the candy as he squeezed himself into the car.

"I'll take that as a yes then. But, you have to stay in the car or else Kev will notice you okay? It's already dark so no one should be able to see inside." I said jumping in and starting the car.

"But ain't that the fun in it? Scarin' people before ya kill them?" He snickered removing his face mask to reveal a large smile.

"Okay then, I'll laugh when you get caught." I shot him a smug smile. He kept his smile but, stopped laughing and I took that as a win. I drove over to the candy store parking to the side of it.

I turned off the car and hopped out, locking the doors so he couldn't randomly jump out. I took a deep breath, walked into the 'Candy Club', and smiled seeing a familiar face.

"Kev! Hello, how are you?" I waved slightly.

I came to the store almost every day before me and Bob's appointment and I'd say I could call Kevin a good friend of mine. Kevin's face lit up seeing me, he would always say I was the only normal person in town. I now wonder what he would think about me knowing the man that almost killed him that night was right outside, in my car. He shooed away the two kids that stood at the counter. One in a pumpkin costume and another in a skeleton costume, they walked past me happily jumping around from basically guilt-tripping Kevin for some free candy. I waved to them and they waved back happily.

"Hello, mister!!" They both said walking out the door.

'Oh to be a kid again.' I thought.

He sighed before he spoke, "(Y/N) it's good to see you again. I'm doing okay, but why are you buying candy so late?" He crossed his arms, setting them on the counter with a puzzled look on his face.

"Ah, I just forgot earlier... that's all." I was lying through my teeth. Thankfully, he couldn't tell. "Anyways, what's in stock today?" I looked at the candy under the counter.

"Well, we got some yummy double chocolate with a caramel layer in the middle, some jawbreakers with delicious new flavors never seen before." He pointed to each of them. He always knew how to sell to people that his candy was the best, at least he wasn't wrong about that.

"Hm, I think I'll have my usual plus some double chocolate with the caramel layer bar, please." I smiled bending down and pointing to it and Kevin bent down in front of me grabbing some and putting them in the bag. 

We both had a casual conversation. It was nice. 

From Bob's POV:

'Did this damn therapist go out of his way to buy me some meat... even though he's some vegetarian'? Now he's gettin' me candy... You spoilin' me too much, little lamb.' I looked over and into the 'Club Candy' store window. I raised an eyebrow curiously watching Kevin and my "little darlin'" gettin' up close n' personal,

(Of course, they weren't too close but to Bob, it was certainly way too close).

'Should've killed that damn candy man when I had a chance.' I said growling in jealousy, my nails digging into the inside of the car door. That was until I saw somethin' on the ground. I smiled and chuckled covering my face with my big hands.

"Thank you Kev, I promise to come by tomorrow during the usual time, alright?" I said grabbing my change and bag of candy.

"I'll be waiting for you (Y/N)!" He waved me goodbye while I walked out of the store.