Chapter 22

Hello My Lovelies..
Have a great year ahead!

Happy New Year, 2023!

Hope you will enjoy reading...

Happy Reading!

********************************

Elaine's POV

"NIGEL...." I called out his name and he instantly turned himself round to face me...

"What is it?" He probed me after he had a glance at his watch. A sign that he wanted to let me know he didn't have much time to waste.

"I....um.. Nigel.... I have to tell you something....." I gulped in nervousness as he gave me a curious look....

"Yeah... I am listening. Go ahead...."  He was staring down at me until I voiced myself up.

"Nigel... This is-..." I took my tentative steps ahead; closer to him. In a flick I was standing face to face with him, but still did I feel too small in front of his gigantic muscular figure. His dark brown eyes were so sharp. They had a tint of bright shine immersed in them unlike the other days. I heaved a sigh out before taking his hand into mine.... His eyes grew wider as the sudden amusement washed over his face at my unusual behaviour.

"Elaine....?" He probed out of confusion... "Are you seriou----"

"Let me talk Nigel... I think I should tell you this at least today, which I should have done long way back then. I have tried my best to be honest.. But I failed in my own efforts... I know what your thoughts are on our marriage. Even though you don't wanna fall in love with me nor any other woman in your life, you wanted an heir to carry the name of your family after you.. That's why you got me married to you... But---." I held his hand tightly in mine.... My throat pained as I was trying my hard to muster all my strength to voice up. I know this was not as easy as I had thought. I felt as if my breaths were caught up in my lungs unable to exhale out. I took a deep breath in before putting my feelings into words..

"But-But I didn't succeed to give you what you wanted after our marriage.. And I think I won't be able to make it happen in future also. Because I am already----" my voice was interrupted as Nigel's phone rang in his pocket...

Oh god! Why it has to be now? I frustratedly groaned as I asked myself.

"Give me a second Elaine..." He signed me with his hand as he fished his phone out of his pant pocket...

"Yes Rick.. Good morning.."

"What's up?" His eyebrows furrowed in curiosity...

"What?" He was shocked that his eyes bulged out in their sockets the next instant...

"When did that happen?"

"Dammit! Okay, I am on my way.... You care to take all the employees outside the company as soon as possible. Don't let them happen anything.. I mean anything.... okay?"

"Has the fire brigade arrived?"

"Fine. Fine. Here I am on my way.." Nigel hung up in a hurry...

"Nigel what happened?" I probed him the instant he disconnected the call as I already sensed something bad might have happened in his company...

"One part of our company has caught in fire...." Nigel said rubbing his forehead.

"Oh my god! But how?"

"A current short in the camera room..."

"Holy moses! Is everything alright there? Everyone is safe right?" I asked holding his bicep.