Chapter 1

⚠️⚠️TW⚠️⚠️ heavy description of self harm. this is probably as angsty as its gonna get, big emphasis on probably.

Ice bear wandered down a road, kicking up pieces of rubble and dust. He'd been traveling that road for who knows how long and it seemed to be endless. It was just a vast land of nothingness with a road. He decided to sing to fill the void.

Alone.
At the edge of a universe, humming a tune.
For merely dreaming we were snow...

Ice bear's voice was scratchy from seldom use, but he knew nobody around would mind. He just wanted to keep himself company. He wasn't sure if he'd made the song up or heard it somewhere, but it made him feel a little less alone. Eventually he got self concious from seeing the bugs stop and stare. He continued his song in the form of humming.
Soon he heard something other than the sound than his own voice.

"Hey!"

His eyes widened and the humming immediately stopped. He turned around to see another bear. He was nearly identical to him but instead of white he was brown. How long had the brown bear been following him?
"Do you think you can you bring me the rest of the way?" Brown bear asked.

Ice bear stared in surprise, but he was greatful for any company. He began to walk, assuming the bear would simply tag along, until he felt the pressure of something his size on his back. The bear had simply hopped on him.
Ice bear considered asking him to get off, but didn't want to turn down the opprotonity of friendship. He continued walking, barely getting 2 feet before running into yet another bear. This one had black and white stripes and two dark circles adorning both of his eyes.

"Um..Hi. Could I hop on too?" Stripes asked.
Before Ice bear could respond, he felt a new weight on his back. He huffed silently as he continued walking, trying to rationalize the situation. He proceeded down the endless road, feeling the pressure on his shoulders grow heavier with every step.
At first he thought it was just him, but he soon saw the shadow of bears stacked on his back reaching up to the sky. He panted, shaking as he tried to hold all the weight but soon came to the terrifiying realization that he wasn't strong enough.

No. He had to be strong, he had to keep going. As the pressure grew ever stronger, he found it even more difficult to take a step. The feeling of dread had finally set in. He couldn't do it. He heard a snapping sound, his legs turning to jelly as he toppled over pathetically as he was crushed by the weight of all the bears stacked on his back.
-
-
-
Ice bear gasped, sitting up straight in his fridge as he tried to blink away the sleepiness in his head. It took him a while to realize he was real and that he'd been dreaming. He took in shallow breaths, desperately escaping his fridge to see anything to prove this was real. He took comfort in seeing the kitchen.

Dirty, just as he'd left it. He sighed, resting against the fridge door. His mind was messing with him again. Making him see things the wrong way...forcing him into believing every little sick thought in his head. How could he escape? He knew how, he just didn't wanna believe he'd really turn to that now.
He tried not to think about what he was doing as he hurried to the closet where he kept his "panic box". He ripped something out of the box and rushed back to his fridge and sat with it in his paw, holding it close to his chest. He shut his eyes. It was easier not to look.

He adjusted his grip on his razor blade. Just one cut. Two. Three. Ice bear let out an exasperated breath and finally opened his eyes to see blood clotting his fur. He was glad he couldnt see the actual cuts through his thick fur.
Ice bear peeked out of his fridge, returning to his panic box to place the razor back in the sick little box. Ironically, it was the same box he'd spent most of his childhood in. He tried not to dwell on the heavy thought and hurried to the bathroom and turned on the water to cold.

He let the icy water run over his arms and didn't turn off the faucet until his arms were numb. He quickly checked the part between his fur, attempting to ignore the other fading marks covering his skin. He sighed, finally feeling satisfied. He had only one thought before he left the bathroom that night.

"There has to be an end to this."

______________________

A/N: Hi:) the song ice bear is singing is called "dream sweet in sea major" its gonna be pretty angsty for a while but i promise the fluff is coming<3